Cognito launches MoneyWorks 6
Cognito launches MoneyWorks 6
Accounting software that’s good for business
A New Zealand-developed accounting software package used by tens of thousands of businesses and advisers in 70 countries has just released its latest version.
MoneyWorks® was first released in 1992 by Auckland businessman Dr Grant Cowie of Cognito Software. It has since become a world-wide accounting benchmark for its ease of use and timely and relevant reporting by tens of thousands of businesses in more than 70 countries.
Now, Cognito Software is launching MoneyWorks® 6, a powerful yet ‘business-friendly’ accounting software that, like previous versions, works across both Windows and Mac platforms.
Dr Cowie says, “As the cornerstone to your business, your accounting software needs to do so much more than just bookkeeping and compliance. It needs to adapt to changing workflows, operate with other systems and grow with the business – not just tracking your progress but looking to the future as well
“MoneyWorks allows businesspeople to really get to know their business through providing the insights and reporting they need to make smart decisions,” he says.
Dr Cowie stresses users don’t have to be an accountant or computer guru to operate Moneyworks 6.
“Right from the start we have focused on ensuring MoneyWorks is intuitive, flexible and business-friendly, while offering the most powerful reporting system of any accounting system in its class.”
Specific advantages include:
• Better information to make better decisions. Accurate and timely financial and management reports for in-depth analysis and forecasting. MoneyWorks has the most powerful reporting of any accounting system in its class, enabling you to get to really know your business.
• Integrity. MoneyWorks protects the integrity of your data and provides concrete audit trails and more complete compliance for auditing and reporting. With MoneyWorks the audit trails are built in and immutable, something your accountant will appreciate.
• Fast performance and more intuitive compared to other accounting systems. Time is money. You don't want your accounting system to slow you down. The crisp, configurable entry screens, networking and multi-tasking functions in MoneyWorks will increase your productivity.
• Cost savings due to:
o Efficiency of use – intuitive setup combined with ease of use make for faster, more efficient operation.
o No company limits – many systems will charge you extra to create additional company files, or you may not be able to do it at all.
o Comprehensive documentation – facilitates staff self-training.
o A fully-compatible product line. No expensive retraining as your business expands.
o Cross-platform support—no repurchase if you change platforms in the future
• Flexibility. Managers can structure their accounts to match the structure of their businesses.
• Easy to switch. It’s simple to switch from virtually any system to Moneyworks 6. Because it’s so intuitive, it’s easy to pick up. MoneyWorks also has dedicated trainers to help users settle in.
• Cross-platform. Unlike most other systems, MoneyWorks operates across Mac and Windows, future proofing your business should you change your IT platform. Users can share data files between platforms or even have Mac and Windows computers accessing the same server.
MoneyWorks 6 delivers over 100 new features in four versions – MoneyWorks Datacentre, MoneyWorks Gold, MoneyWorks Express and MoneyWorks Cashbook.
Visit www.cognito.co.nz for more information and a free 45-day trial download.