Ooooby launches crowdfunding campaign
1 September 2015
Out of our own back yards and into your portfolio — Ooooby launches crowdfunding campaign
“Ooooby is a farmers market in a box delivered to your door,” founder Pete Russell said.
“We make buying local food convenient, affordable and fair through our lean-efficient distribution model.
“Ooooby’s model can scale and be replicated to serve the local food needs of most areas here in New Zealand or almost anywhere around the world.”
Mr Russell said the social enterprise is good for the planet because it moves from oil dependence to local resilience, and is a commons based business, which means that suppliers, customers and crew all share in its success.
“Ooooby is crowdfunding so as many people can share in this success,” Mr Russell said.
“We are using equity crowdfunding with PledgeMe as our capital raising method because it allows everyday people to have a slice of the pie, and we’re all about that.”
Ooooby is looking to raise a minimum of $200,000 up to $800,000 which is between 2.4-9.1% of the company.
“Investment from our crowd will allow us to grow our team and infrastructure so that we can help to open eight new hubs over the next 18 months. Christchurch, Bay of Plenty, Palmerston North and Kapiti Coast are in the short term pipeline with more opportunities every day."
The PledgeMe campaign will be live from 6 on Monday 1 September at pledgeme.co.nz/investments/97-ooooby
PledgeMe Equity Champion Will Stewart said Ooooby had an engaging crowdfunding campaign shaping up.
“It’s amazing to see Ooooby’s value of engaging their own crowd as an essential part of the global mission of solving issues around our local food systems,” Mr Stewart said.
“Part of Ooooby’s success is because even though they are an online technology they are all about making positive change at a community level.
“Pete and the team at Ooooby do things differently and it’s motivating to see the positive changes they have made in our own back yards to date.”
Ooooby at a glance
• Ooooby stands for “Out Of Our Own Back Yards”
• Founded in 2010
• 70,000 boxes delivered to 5,000 customers
• Operational hubs in three countries (NZ, Australia, USA)
• Looking to raise between $200,000–$800,000 or 2.4–9.1% of the company
• Minimum investment is $500
• Campaign at pledgeme.co.nz/investments/97-ooooby
Ooooby investor events
Ooooby are hosting a series of investor evenings across New Zealand over their campaign. Media are invited to attend.
• 7 PM, 31 Aug — Auckland at AUT WG Building, 55 Wellesley Street, CBD attending.io/events/oooobyinauckland
• 7 PM, 2 Sep — Tauranga in the Historic Village Hall attending.io/events/oooobytauranga
• 12 PM, 3 Sep — Palmerston North Palmerston North City Library, 155 17th Ave attending.io/events/oooobyinpalmerstonnorth
• 7 PM, 3 Sep — Wellington at Biz Dojo, 115 Tory Street attending.io/events/oooobyinwellington
PM, 4 Sep — Christchurch at the Canterbury Horticultural
Society on Riccarton Ave attending.io/events/oooobyinchristchurch