Balance of Payments and International Investment Position
Balance of Payments and International Investment Position: Year ended 31 March 2015
24 September 2015
At 31 March 2015
• Of New Zealand’s $202.8 billion total investment abroad, 60.7 percent was in Australia, the United States, and the United Kingdom.
• Of the $355.1 billion foreign investment in New Zealand, 58.2 percent was from Australia, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
• New Zealand’s total investment in Germany was $6.8 billion, making it the fourth-largest outward investment partner.
• Japan’s total investment in New Zealand was $11.6 billion, making it the fourth-largest inward investor.
• New Zealand’s foreign-currency-denominated external debt was $103 billion (94.5 percent of which was hedged).
For more information about these statistics: