International event organisers heading to Auckland
Leading business event organisers from around the world are heading to New Zealand’s largest business tourism trade exhibition in Auckland next week, on 30 and 31 May.
CINZ MEETINGS, organised by Conventions and Incentives New Zealand, is the premier event for connecting influential domestic, Australian and international buyers with New Zealand’s key regions, meeting facilities, accommodation, off-site venues and activities.
Tourism New Zealand and Air New Zealand are bringing 22 international incentive buyers to the show from China, India, South, East Asia and South East Asia. For the second year, Air New Zealand will be hosting four key buyers from Argentina.
CINZ Chief Executive Sue Sullivan says the strong response rate from hosted buyers this year will also see 100 from New Zealand and 90 buyers and media from Australia attend.
“Tourism New Zealand is also bringing in a group of 16 association buyers who are organising international conferences in New Zealand,” she says.
CINZ MEETINGS 2018 features over 190 exhibitors including 20 new exhibitors, representing venues, theming companies, hotels, AV companies, regional bureaux, attractions and activities from 19 regions.
Following its debut last year, the MEETINGS Education Hub is returning with partners TMS, and Blue Sky Marketing. They will be joined this year by a group of CINZ-approved professional conference organisers (PCOs) who will work from the Hub.
“For both exhibitors and buyers, this is an opportunity to find out how these experts can assist with their professional development.”
MEETINGS will again showcase EventsAIR’s new Lead Management system for exhibitors. They will be able to scan hosted buyer badges to download their information on the spot.
The successful Luxury Collection returns, featuring an invited group of 12 exhibitors from boutique lodges, and luxury products and services across the country.
CINZ MEETINGS 2018 is New Zealand’s
largest business tourism trade exhibition.
• Auckland is host city, and the event takes place at ASB Showgrounds from 30-31 May.
• Conventions & Incentives New Zealand (CINZ) owns and manages the event, which has been run annually since 1997.
• MEETINGS is New Zealand’s leading platform for connecting influential domestic, Australian and international buyers with key regions, meeting facilities, accommodation, off-site venues and activities.
• Air New Zealand is Principal Sponsor for CINZ MEETINGS 2018, renewing its ongoing commitment to the sector and to the hosted buyer and media programmes.
• Other major sponsors include ASB Showgrounds, Peek Exhibition, Centium Software and Auckland Convention Bureau.
• The 2018 event will showcase over 190 exhibitors from 19 regions across New Zealand to more than 500 New Zealand, Australian and international buyers. Exhibitors include venues, theming companies, hotels, AV companies, regional bureaux, attractions and activities.
• More than 220 qualified hosted buyers are expected to attend, including over 90 hosted buyers and media from Australia, 26 from international markets, 120 hosted buyers and media from around New Zealand. As well, more than 300 day buyers are set to attend.
• Tourism New Zealand and Air New Zealand are bringing influential buyers from China, South East Asia, North America and Argentina.