RDU Station Manager missing
For Immediate Release
Office staff arrived at RDU 98.5 FM today to discover no sign of Station Manager Andrew Meier, known as ‘Hat’.
Staff could not reach Hat on his cellphone or his home number.
Yesterday, an RDU staff member monitoring the media response to the so-called ‘sale’ of RDU noticed an ominous posting on therealrdu.blog.co.nz that read:
“We are dismayed by
news that RDU has been sold for $1.
We want the station to remain the same and not become just another terrible commercial station.
We will take action to ensure this does not happen - be warned RDU98.5FM limited!”
Today, a staffer discovered a disc containing video left under his office door. A quick google search revealed it was also posted on YouTube and http://therealrdu.blog.co.nz along with the following list of demands:
* No slide into commercialism by RDU
* No more than 10% "drum n bass"
* No jocks on RDU
* No more than 80% "indie"
* All the greatness we've come to expect from a radio station for the people must continue
* With none of the hits of the 80's, 90's or today
* Keep making radio that intelligent students can listen to and enjoy
* Keep those specialist shows we love, like the Joint, Guitar Media, Metrobeatz
If these demands are not met, Hat gets it.”
Until this crisis is resolved, leadership of RDU will be assumed by second-in-command Phillippa Algie. Any information on the whereabouts of Hat should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 364 2983 extension 3734
video in question can be viewed