Possible Change For Maori TV Viewers - Auckland
NOVEMBER 1, 2007
Possible Change For Maori Television Viewers - Auckland
Some Auckland viewers may find their reception of Maori Television is affected by a frequency change that will be made to a local television repeater station early in the morning on Tuesday November 6, 2007.
This change is in preparation for digital terrestrial transmission roll-out. Residents on the North Shore, Auckland and nearby areas may need to re-tune their TV sets following the changeover. These areas receive Maori Television on several different frequencies and because only one of these is being changed, it's not expected many viewers will be affected.
However, for those viewers who are affected, our advice is as follows:
• NO action is required by householders
before the change-over date of Tuesday November 6, 2007.
• If you receive Maori Television via a SKY digital dish, NO action is required
• If you get Maori Television via SKY UHF decoder, contact SKY on 0800-759-759 and then press 1 for tune-in advice.
• If you "lose" Maori Television via a standard UHF aerial on November 6, you will need to re-tune your TV set, VCR or DVD to Channel 56.
• Follow the instructions provided in the operating manual for your television set. Most modern sets use the remote control to pre-select channels to re-tune, other sets have separate controls. Older models have a front panel or flap, which gives access to the tuning controls.
• When tuning in your television, select Maori Television's new frequency: Channel 56 (751.25 Mhz)
• Those residents who have trouble re-tuning should contact 0800 MA TATOU (0800 62 82868)
• If you require further assistance, you can seek advice from a television service company in your local Yellow Pages.
• You can also visit us online at www.maoritelevision.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maori Television regrets any inconvenience, but the change-over is essential to allow the digital terrestrial transmission roll out.