Top five finalists: The People’s Republic of ‘V’
The People’s Republic of ‘V’ announces top five finalists!
The People’s Republic of ‘V’ - it’s whatever YOU make it!
The People’s Republic of ‘V’ is excited to announce the five lucky finalists from yesterday’s celebrity judging of their competition “What would you do with $100K and a pallet of ‘V’”?
The judging panel included a stellar line up of NZ personalities. Head judge Noelle McCarthy lead the panel consisting of Oliver Driver, Matt Heath, Chris Stapp, Jacqui Jensen, Emily Barclay and last minute judging enthusiast Kirsten Morrell from Goldenhorse.
The judges had to pick the top five ideas from a staggering pool of 900 entries. Judges Matt and Stapp commented that some of the ideas were even weirder than stuff they could come up with … and that’s saying something! “There are some crazy freaked out people out there,” said Matt.
Chief Judge Noelle McCarthy said overall the standard was very high. “My personal favourite was the Tomato Throwing Festival. In Ireland we throw pints of Guinness but tomatoes are a much better idea - they don’t hurt as much. They would have to be organic tomatoes of course.”
The top five ideas are as follows:
- 1. CREATE CHAOS & MAYHEM AT UNIS AND THROW
ALL THE MONEY AROUND. THINK OF THE STUDENTS. GIVE THEM FREE
‘V’ WHILST SCRAMBLING FOR THE CASH.
2. PLACE OUTDOOR MOVIE THEATRES IN FIELDS AROUND THE COUNTRY - GREAT OLD OR NEW MOVIES - FREE ENTRY AND 1X FREE ‘V’ FOR ALL.
3. HAVE A TOMATO THROWING FESTIVAL LIKE THE ONE IN SPAIN WHILE BANDS ARE PLAYING. FREE ‘V’ FOR EVERYONE THERE.
4. USE THE $100K TO MAKE A GIANT WATERSLIDE DOWN A BIG HILL. ‘V’ WILL GO TO THOSE AWESOME ENOUGH TO GO ON IT! PLACE FOR WATERSLIDE TO BE DECIDED.
5. PURCHASE A LOAD OF SHITTER CARS WITH $100K AND HAVE A CELEBRITY DEMO DERBY. PEOPLE GET TO THROW ‘V’ CANS AT THE CARS. LAST DRIVER STANDING WINS A PRIZE.
The final choice is now in the hands of the people who can now go to www.vrepublic.co.nz to vote to pick the final winner. The idea with the most votes wins. You vote for it and ‘V’ will foot the bill to put on the winning idea.
Voting closes November 16th with the final winning idea announced on November 20th.