MySpace Music Launches Wave of New Music Products
MySpace Music Launches Wave of New Music Products for Kiwi Artists and Fans
MySpace Music Unveils Music Videos, Music Charts and Artist Dashboard in New Zealand
MySpace today announced the rollout of three new products now available in New Zealand: MySpace Music Videos, MySpace Music Charts and MySpace Artist Dashboard. The latest embodiment of MySpace’s commitment to providing fans and artists with comprehensive analytics, meaningful data and multiple avenues to discover and socialise around content, these rollouts follow the launch of MySpace Music in New Zealand in November this year and a wave of new MySpace Music offerings worldwide.
MySpace Music Videos - www.myspace.com/music/videos
The launch of MySpace Music Videos offers fans one of the most comprehensive online collections of licensed music videos available anywhere on the web. MySpace’s music video catalogue includes fully licensed music videos from major and independent record label partners.
Features of the new MySpace Music Video service include:
• New music video hub within MySpace Music
• Music video recommendations based on what your friends are watching
• Browse via A-Z video search for easy consumption, discovery, and sharing
• Entire artist music video catalogues available to view in artist music players
• Following MySpace’s recent acquisition of iLike- a leading social music discovery and sharing service- iLike now features and distributes MySpace’s music video catalogue within all partner websites
MySpace Music Charts - www.myspace.com/music/charts
Measuring engagement levels across MySpace, MySpace Music Charts give fans a true picture of artists and music popularity. A true barometer of what people are actually listening to, as opposed to retail sales, MySpace Music Charts offer artists and labels useful intelligence about what’s resonating with fans, tools to rank and track popularity, as well as insight into how their content is being socialised throughout MySpace. Currently in beta, at the heart of Music Charts is the new “Movers” section which gives an immediate view into who and what is trending up in music across MySpace.
Features of MySpace Music Charts include:
• Artist, Song, Album, and Video Charts across all music genres
• Unique charts for all territories based on local streams
• The ability for users to friend and connect with artists they discover in the charts.
• A new “Movers” section that highlights fastest rising artists and content across the network.
• Artist contributed content which enables MySpace Music to feature the best content from all artists, both small and large
• Chart movement is determined by activity surrounding an artist’s presence on MySpace eg. streams and profile views
• build playlists directly from song charts
MySpace Artist Dashboard - www.myspace.com/music/dashboard
Currently in beta, MySpace Artist Dashboard is a free, comprehensive data dashboard for all artists and labels globally, that unlocks detailed analytics about an artist’s content within the MySpace Music and iLike communities.
Features of the new MySpace Artist Dashboard include:
• Unlimited access to charts, graphs, and snapshots of MySpace Music data for all global artists
• Data includes fan geography, song plays, profile views, friend count, and profile visitors
• Trending data available for 7 day and 30 day glances
• iLike integration into MySpace Artist Dashboard provides top-level data from iLike’s partner networks
• Artist Dashboard is available in 17 languages in over 20 territories
• Fan demographic Information
As Nick Love, Executive Director, Business Development at MySpace explains “The launch of Music Videos, Music Charts and Artist Dashboard mark the next phase of the MySpace Music experience in New Zealand. These new products are the first steps in MySpace Music’s product and platform evolution and an important step forward in MySpace’s mission to define the future of how content is socialised and distributed across the internet.”
Over the last few months MySpace has unveiled a wave of global music partnerships and product launches that are part of its commitment to providing users and artists with social tools to enable the discovery and sharing of music and content. In August this year MySpace acquired iLike a leading social music discovery service and in October MySpace Music partnered with Google to deliver streaming music results for Google searches in the United States. The integration sees MySpace provide Google search with audio tracks from both major and independent labels, as well as links to music videos and upcoming tour information.
In addition to these product launches, MySpace Music also announced a comprehensive global agreement with leading independent music agency Merlin this week. Representing 10% of the global music market, this agreement will result in Merlin’s member labels participating in MySpace Music to deliver the largest independent music offering on the web.
About MySpace Music:
MySpace Music offers an ever-growing catalog of freely streamable audio and video content, user-friendly e-commerce solutions, personal music players, and user and artist playlisting. MySpace Music aims to empower major, independent, and unsigned artists to monetize their content through multiple revenue streams by allowing the MySpace community to freely stream premium content in an ad-supported environment, purchase MP3s and ringtones, create and share playlists, and ultimately buy merchandise, concert tickets, and other digital and physical goods. MySpace Music also connects artists and fans in the offline arena through various concert series and live events including Secret Shows, and The List.
MYSPACE MUSIC ARTIST DASHBOARD BETA:
MEDIA FACT SHEET
ABOUT MYSPACE MUSIC DASHBOARD BETA
MySpace Music Artist Dashboard is a comprehensive data and analytics product to help artists and labels of all sizes learn more about their fans and the activity surrounding their MySpace presence. Every global artist with a MySpace profile will have free access to the Artist Dashboard, providing them with a visually compelling and meaningful tool set to help guide their music career.
MySpace Music Artist Dashboard beta provides artists with new information including:
• Stats At-A-Glance: Unlimited access to charts, graphs, and snapshots of MySpace Music data for all global artists. Data includes fan geography, song plays, profile views, friend count, and profile visitors.
• 7 and 30 day History: Trending data available for 7 day and 30 day glances.
• Song Plays: Analytics on an artist’s top 15 profile songs are available including most played track.
• Demographic and Geographic: Snapshots of an artist’s fan base are viewable by location (city, state or country) and gender.
• Global Support: Artist Dashboard translation is available in 17 languages in over 20 territories.
• Analytics from other sites: iLike integration into MySpace Artist Dashboard provides top-level data from iLike’s partner networks.
• Artist tested and approved: We tested Dashboard with approximately 90 artists, giving them an opportunity to trial, provide feedback and ensure the tool will be valuable.
MYSPACE MUSIC VIDEOS:
MEDIA FACT SHEET
ABOUT MYSPACE MUSIC VIDEOS
The launch of MySpace Music Videos offers fans one of the most comprehensive online collections of music videos available anywhere. MySpace’s Music Video catalogue aggregates fully licensed music video content from all of the company’s major and independent label partners. Through a new set of features, MySpace Music offers users new ways to watch, share and discover music videos on and off MySpace.
MySpace Music Videos provides users with new content and features including:
• Video Search Tab: enhanced search functionality enables users to search by video and serves up music video results along with artist profiles and songs. Users can also filter results to only show music videos.
• Music Video Browse A-Z: A-Z Video browsing allows for easy consumption, discovery, and sharing.
• Artist Player: Entire artist Music Video catalogues available in artist music players (alongside “Albums” tab). Artists are able to embed music videos within their sites. As a part of the pop out player, videos are easy to browse through the carousel.
• Music Video Hub: new Music Video hub within MySpace Music includes video programmed by MySpace in addition to personalized video recommendations based on what your friends are watching. All videos are playable within the home page.
• Video Streaming: iLike now features MySpace’s Music Video catalogue within all partner websites, marking the first of MySpace Music’s integrations with iLike since acquiring the social music discovery service in August.