“Kids at Christmas” Charity Auction
Final few hours of Air New Zealand’s “Kids at Christmas” Charity Auction
Air New Zealand’s “Kids at Christmas” charity auction only has a few hours to go and there are over 12,000 New Zealanders watching the online auction to get some great last minute deals and some fantastic Christmas presents.
There are over 130 items in the auction for people to bid on and the items up for grabs include flying to New York to share Breakfast with former Prime Minister Helen Clark, a Hen’s Party in the Sky, a deluxe spa weekend package to Queenstown, a five-night luxury family holiday to Fiji and two month’s unlimited Business Class travel, plus many more!
The first auction items start to close from midday with the final ones closing this evening.
This is the fourth year that the charity auction has run, with over $1 million being raised for the childrens’ charities over the past three years. The children’s charities benefiting from the auction are the Make a Wish Foundation, Kids Restore New Zealand and the Leukaemia and Blood Foundation (LBF Kids).
“This year we also have a range of sit-on wooden planes which have been exclusively painted by a range of Kiwi celebs and designers including, Phil Keoghan (presenter of the Amazing Race), Huffer, Trelise Cooper, Ruud Kleinpaste and other well known New Zealanders – these planes are truly masterpieces,” says Air New Zealand’s General Manager Marketing Steve Bayliss.
“There will be an item in the auction to suit everyone’s taste – from breakfast in New York with Helen Clark to being strapped to the Martin Jetpack for a test flight,” says Mr Bayliss. “Plus there is a fantastic selection of travel options to bid on, from Koru Lounge memberships, domestic and international flights, to two month’s unlimited business class travel.”
Over 10,000 bids have already been placed, and there is always the last day rush on items as everyone who has been watching starts bidding in the final hours.
The money-can’t-buy experiences include:
- Morning Tea with our Prime Minister John Key - $8510
- Be a Fire-fighter for a day = $134
- Rugby league legend Steve Price will coach you children at your place, plus get some mates over for a chat with Steve and Air NZ CEO Rob Fyfe while they cook you all a bbq = $405
- Exclusive Test Flight in the Martin Jetpack = $1310
- World's first Hen's Party in the Sky - all of the business class section for you and 13 friends on a 747, champagne and your very own stripper = $4,020
- Breakfast with Helen Clark in New York = $5240
- Ever wanted to spend a day with a Boeing pilot - experience New Zealand from the cockpit of a B737 = $805
- Guided tour of the Boeing factory in Seattle, trip for two = $4230
- An aerobatic flight for adrenalin junkies (the plane is capable of two complete rolls in a second) = $525
- Two months unlimited Business Premier travel (with lie-flat beds) for two people = an absolute bargain at $25,530
The link to see all of the items listed and to start making your bids is available from the Air New Zealand website www.airnz.co.nz