Cuisine launches How to Cook - a beginner’s guide
12 November 2013
Cuisine launches How to Cook - a beginner’s guide to simple, healthy, flavoursome food
Fairfax Magazine’s Cuisine has gone back to basics. Whether you are just starting out in the kitchen and need to build your skills and confidence, or merely looking for fuss-free, delicious food, the new How to Cook is your essential guide.
This practical step-by-step cookbook is budget-friendly, making use of supermarket ingredients and offering plenty of ideas for substitutes. Now you’ll be able to whip up good, simple, flavoursome food from your pantry at short notice.
Cuisine editor Sarah Nicholson says the idea behind the book was to cover all those simple cooking techniques to help novice cooks master the basic “can’t-live-without” recipes.
“We know that when you’re not confident in the kitchen, you’re unlikely to suddenly start making your own stock, filleting fish and deboning a chicken,” says Nicholson. Unlike other beginners’ cookbooks, you won’t find these recipes in How to Cook.
“Our starting point was to choose basic techniques that could realistically be used any night of the week, such as how to poach salmon fillets - it’s healthy and there are no cooking smells, and how to crumb schnitzel - no soggy coating in sight.”
of How to Cook:
• 100 all-new beginner recipes
• All supermarket ingredients
• Tips with every recipe
• Symbols for gluten-free (more than 70 recipes), freezer-friendly, vegetarian (more than 30 recipes) and diabetic-friendly (more than 50 recipes)
• Many recipes come with step-by-step photographs so you can be extra-confident you are on the right track
• The glossary gives more information and extra uses for many ingredients
• The recipe index also lists more than 20 techniques featured throughout the book. For example, poaching chicken, making a foil parcel for fish and blind baking pastry.
Nicholson considers Cuisine’s new book a toolbox you can refer back to. “Once you’ve mastered the basic techniques, you’ll know your way round the kitchen and will soon be putting your own spin on things and substituting ingredients to suit your taste.”
The Cuisine cookbook goes on sale Monday 11 November at all good retailers and also at www.mags4gifts.co.nz (RRP $24.90). A necessity in every kitchen, How to Cook makes the perfect gift for sons, daughters, grandchildren, flatters or simply anyone wanting accessible, affordable everyday recipes.
About Fairfax Media
Fairfax Media is an innovative, integrated multi-media business with strong brands across multiple platforms including newspapers, magazines and digital.
Click here to see the company’s full portfolio of media brands.