Survey: Medibank nurses have high level of job satisfaction
Survey finds Medibank nurses have high level of job satisfaction
21 August 2012
A recent independent survey has found that nurses working for Medibank Health Solutions NZ have a high level of job satisfaction. The organisation operates several telephone-based services, including Healthline for the Ministry of Health, and a Mental Health Line for a number of District Health Boards.
The in-depth employee opinion survey, which included 80 New Zealand-based Medibank nurses, found staff felt very supported by management and clinically, and believed the organisation offers the opportunity for development and growth. The survey was carried out in May 2012.
Medibank Health Solutions NZ General Manager, Andrea Pettett, says the results were extremely pleasing.
“The market for good nurses is tight, and Medibank is committed to doing all it can to attract and retain high quality staff. It was therefore really pleasing to find that 96 percent of our staff believed strongly in the vision and purpose of the organisation and over 80 percent would recommend it as a good place to work.”
“Having capable, well trained registered nurses, with high job satisfaction, means we can continue to provide quality, safe services to the New Zealand public.”
She says Medibank has a rolling annual average of staff retention of 87 percent. About 85 percent of nurses work from home.
Other survey findings included:
• 65 percent of staff said it
would take a lot to make them look for another
• Nearly 90 percent said they were not seriously considering leaving the organisation
• 95 percent felt the quality of work carried out in their team was excellent
• 83 percent felt management provided a clear sense of direction, and 85 percent had confidence in the decisions made by their senior management
• 91 percent felt they could report instances of dishonest or unethical practice without fear
• 68 percent felt there were sufficient training and development opportunities available to help improve their skills
• 82 percent would recommend Medibank as a good place to work
• 90 percent were proud to be associated with Medibank
• 73 percent felt Medibank was supportive of employees balancing their work and personal life.