National and Labour Neck And Neck
The latest One News Colmar Brunton shows the following results:
- Labour down two points to 42 percent.
- National up one to 41 percent.
- ACT steady on five percent.
- Greens up two points to five percent.
- The Alliance down one to four percent.
- New Zealand First steady on two.
Preferred Prime Minister results are:
- Prime Minister Helen Clark is still the preferred Prime Minister, but has dropped to 36 percent.
- National leader Jenny Shipley has improved by three points, up to 21.
- Deputy Prime Minister Jim Anderton has three percent support.
- NZ First leader Winston Peters has two percent support.
- Richard Prebble has two percent support.
On the performance of this Labour Government, Forty three percent still approve of their performance, down one. The number of people who disapprove rose nine percent to forty seven percent.
On the economic outlook, people with a positive outlook have dropped four points to 36 percent, while the pessimists are up three to 45 percent.
The poll questioned 1,000 voters and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.2 percent.