Scoop Full Coverage: New Zealand Is In The Grip Of... Snowmageddon!
- Scoop Images - Tuesday Evening Snow Photos: Lower Hutt
- Scoop Video - Video: Wellington snow - Petone to Waterloo
- Alexander Garside - High-Res Photos: Snow in Karori
- Wellington.Scoop - SCOOP PHOTOS: Light snow, then a sudden hailstorm closes airport and snarls traffic
- MetService - MetService website safe to visit
- Labour - Christchurch Earthquake bulletin edition 95
- Christchurch City Council - CCC Media Advisory: Update 4pm Wednesday 17/8/11 - Christchurch Weather Update - Christchurch Council Facilities
- Christchurch Airport - Christchurch Airport fully operational
- Orion NZ Limited - Orion snowstorm response: 12.00pm, Wednesday 17 August 2011
- Coronet Peak - Missing snowboarder found alive and well
- Upper Hutt City Council - Upper Hutt Road closures update 17/8/11
- TV3 Video - Getting back to business top priority - End in sight for bone-chilling cold - Still snowing in Wellington - but ChCh spared - Karori enjoys another fresh dump of snow - Campbell Live: More snow fun from around NZ - Chch residents brave snow in tent - Snow could leave workers unpaid - Sallies to the rescue in snowy Christchurch - Icy conditions endanger Wellington residents
UPDATED: Tuesday 5:30pm: A Sub-Antarctic polar snow storm has descended on New Zealand causing widespread road closures and unprecedented snow flurries down in sea level in much of the South Island and lower-central North Island.
Schools, civic facilities and offices all over the country were forced to close and snow fell in Auckland City.
The Metservice forecasts for Thursday: North Island, mostly fine in the north, showers and snow to low levels in the south and east. South Island, fine in the west and about Nelson, sleety showers in the east, but only a few showers in the south.
Friday: North Island, showers in the south and east with snow to low levels, mostly fine in the north. South Island, Fine in the west and about Nelson, sleety showers in the east easing, remaining showers in the south clearing.
LATEST COVERAGE: Scoop Search Of Latest Snow Storm News!
- LATEST COVERAGE: Scoop Search Of Latest Snow Storm News!
- Wellington.Scoop - Widespread snow forecast from 3pm this afternoon
- Wellington.Scoop - WEATHER WARNING: three more days of snow for Wellington. MORE PHOTOS - SCOOP PHOTOS: Sunday 5.15pm and snow is falling in Brooklyn - SCOOP PHOTOS: Sunday’s snow storm in Newlands
- Scoop Video - Karori Snow, with Cat
- Anne Russell - Snowmygod lol - Social Media Takes On #Snowmageddon
- Scoop Feedback - Snow day like no day
- Martin Doyle - Cartoon: Is there no answer to this endles cold?
- NZ Post - Big freeze continues to affect mail deliveries
- NZ Police - Lucky Tourists! - Police urge essential travel only across the Wgtn Monday night - Icy conditions expected on Canterbury roads
- AA Media Centre - Motorists urged to stay off the roads
- Environment Canterbury - Christchurch: Snow Update 16 August 2011
- Christchurch City Council - CCC Media Advisory: Update 12.30 Tuesday 16 August 2011 - CCC Media Advisory: Snow postpones industry graduation - Snow delays consultation on the draft Central City Plan - Snow extension for rates due this week - CCC Update 1630 Monday 15 August 2011 - Update at 1330 hours Monday 15 August
- Christchurch International Airport - Round the Clock Works to Keep Airport Operating - Christchurch Airport has now REOPENED - Update from Christchurch Airport as of 3:30pm
- Orion NZ Limited - Work continues to restore power in Christchurch - Snow cuts power to some rural areas in central Canterbury - Crews make good progress restoring power
- Wellington City Council - Try socks over shoes - and disruption details - Treacherous driving conditions in Wellington
- Taranaki Civil Defence - Stock up, stay warm, check neighbours
- Labour - Cold comfort for hospital staff - Christchurch Earthquake bulletin edition 94
- Tax Justice Campaign - Snow chaos disrupts Tax Justice petition presentation
- NZ Hotel Council - Snow problem entertaining snowed-in snowboarders
- NZ Mountain Safety Council - Skiers & Trampers Advised To Take Extreme Care
- Winter Games NZ - Tuesday August 16, 2011 Winter Games NZ Schedule Changes
- STATE Insurance - Weather Related Prangs Covered in the Majority of Cases
- Age Concern - Calling all snow angels! Help an elderly neighbour
- TV3 Video - Lower North Island snow - Extended footage - Snow still on the menu for parts of NZ - More snow to come - Met Service - Thousands watch Cuba St snow video - Snow hard on quake-hit Chch - Cold snap's effect on farm life - Snow here until Thursday - Met Service - Cold snap looks set to continue - Wellington residents urged to save power - Close encounters of the snow kind - Youth unemployment soars despite $200M Govt spend - New Zealand's snow day both fun and treacherous - Snowy Christchurch hit by power cuts and food shortages - Queenstown hit hardest by snow - Auckland snowfall 'brief' - NIWA - MetService says snow breaking meteorological records - VIDEO: Auckland snow argument settled by NIWA - VIDEO: Snow in Pukekohe, South Auckland - VIDEO: Snow in Auckland? - Why was Happy Feet pushed in? - vet interview
- Public Address Out-Link - When the Weather is the News • Hard News
- SciBlogs Out-Link - Land of the big white snow