Kevin Roberts And A Big Black... 747? - Reserve Bank Governor Reveals Spending - Unlocking The Doors - WINZ Manager Resigns, Takes Them To Court - What Are Little Boys Made Of and much much more...
Kevin Roberts And A Big Black... 747?
- The 747 I'd like to fly the world in - with the All Blacks. Scoop talks with Kevin Roberts about his latest big idea. See... SCP Interactive: Edge Theory: An All Black Plane?  in the Headlines wire.
Reserve Bank Governor Reveals Spending
- In response to a request under the Official Information Act arising from public interest in expenditure by the heads of Crown entities, the Reserve Bank today released details of Governor Don Brash's travel and entertainment expenses for the past two years. See... Reserve Bank Governor Washes His Own Socks  in the General wire.
Unlocking The Doors
- Scoop's Ian Llewelyn takes a nostalgic look at the goings on in parliament this week as sweeping changes were made to our liquor laws. See... Politics: Unlock The Doors  in the Headlines wire.
Politics - Unlock The Doors Part 2
- The Scoop readers are a discerning and rightly pedantic bunch and a number have been quick to point out an error in "Politics: Unlock The Doors" published earlier. See... Unlock The Doors (Part II)  in the Headlines wire.
WINZ Manager Resigns, Takes Them To Court
- The WINZ manager who chartered an aircraft has resigned today. The woman is now taking a personal grievance case for constructive dismissal to the Employment Court. If she wins Labour's Steve Maharey says the taxpayer could be footing another big bill. See... Bill for WINZ' follies may rise  in the Parliament wire.
What Are Little Boys Made Of
- Following on from reports on boys underachievement in education, the Education Minister, Nick Smith says in a speech to the New Zealand Principals' Federation  that one answer is a push for more male primary teachers  .
Waipareira Insist On Rewarding Tamihere
- Officers of Waipareira Trust are determined to bid farewell to its chief executive, John Tamihere, with a reward, despite statements from Mr Tamihere that he would not accept a golden handshake. See... Waipareira Trust Wants To Reward Tamihere  in the Auckland wire.
- At least twelve people are dead after a man shot office workers in Atlanta this morning. The armed man has is now believed to have taken his own life. The dead include the mans wife and two children.
New Facility For Youth Sex Offenders
- A new secure facility for the treatment of youth sex offenders in Christchurch is being touted by the government as signalling the beginning of a new era in the treatment of young sex abusers. See... New Facility Will Help Stop Kids Pain  in the Parliament wire. Also see Jenny Shipley's statement on the new facility...Confronting, Treating Sex Abusers Good For Society  .
Nats Want To Privatise Tertiary Education - Labour
- The Labour Party says papers obtained under the Official Information Act show that the government has been considering selling public tertiary education institutions. See... National wants to privatise education  in the Education wire.
- Legal action looms over Auckland City Council after it rejected demands from Britomart developer Jihong Lu for $15 million for costs incurred due to delays. See... Britomart Deadlock Could Be Costly for Aucklanders  in the Auckland wire.
Kapa Haka Grant Not Right
- Labour MP Trevor Mallard has gone on the record to oppose the granting of $35,000 from the Minister of Internal Affair's lottery discretionary fund for the Hoani Waititi Kura Kaupapa haka group trip to China. The grant is extraordinarily large and members of government politicians are in the group. See... 'Mates' abuse lottery grants fund  in the Parliament wire.
Genetic Engineering Backtrack?
- Green Party and Alliance MPs say the New Zealand government will attempt to severely water down labelling provisions for genetically engineered food at next weeks crucial ANZFA meeting. They say the government s position will leave most engineered foods unlabelled. See... Govt. Set To Shaft Kiwis Over GE Food - Fitzsimons  and Government failed to rule out back-track on labell  ing - Bunkle, in the Parliament wire. Also in the Parliament wire, Health Minister Wyatt Creech announces he is leaving for Australia but is tight lipped on any specifics. See... Creech Off To Aussie For Big ANZFA Meeting  .
Apology Over Luxury Maternity Care
- An apology has been made by Auckland Healthcare to the Minister of Health for failing to tell him of plans to set up a luxury maternity unit at National Women's Hospital. See Auckland Healthcare Apologises to Minister  in the Auckland wire.
NZ Takes Korea To WTO
- New Zealand will be represented as a third party at World Trade Organisation dispute settlement action with Korea regarding the treatment of imported beef, Trade Minister Lockwood Smith announced today. See New Zealand Joins WTO Action On Korean Beef  in the Parliament wire.
New Biosecurity Authority
Yesterday John Luxton launched the governnent s new Biosecurity Authority 80 biosecurity experts charged with ultimate responsibility for the defence of our borders. See.. Speech: Biosecurity Authority Launch  in the Parliament wire.
WINZ Controversy Stays, Sowry Should Be Sacked
- Labour's Steve Maharey has joined Rod Donald in calling for a wide ranging inquiry inquiry into general management at WINZ. See.. WINZ controversy won't go away  in the Parliament wire. Meanwhile Green MP Rod Donald is calling fro Roger Sowry to be sacked after his response to a question on WINZ expenditure in the House. See "Don't know, don't care" Minister should be sacked  , also in the Parliament wire.