Pilot Manslaughter Trial – Refugee Wants Apology – Health Junkey – Flaming Tower – Drunks No Help
- PILOT MANSLAUGHTER TRIAL: Ansett Dash-8 pilot Gary Sotheran’s memories of the crash that cost four lives on June 9, 1995, were outlined in Palmerston North District court yesterday.
- REFUGEE WANTS APOLOGY: Refugee Mohammed Omar wants an apology from police for labeling him an Afghan terrorist.
- HEALTH JUNKET: Doctors and nurses caught in a pay row were dismayed to see 17 Capital coast Health mental health staff fly to Australia for a conference, which has been labeled a junket.
- FLAMING TOWER: Firefighters finally managed to put out the fire ravaging the Ostankino television tower in Moscow last night.
- DRUNKS NO HELP: Most of the partygoers at a Wellington flat where a man was stabbed early yesterday were too drunk to be interviewed, hindering police inquiries.
- Unionists vie for positions on Labour council;
- Alliance may break with tradition over Singapore deal;
- Samuels plans to sue accusers;
- Cullen unmoved by calls to cut petrol taxes;
- Teenagers ponder political options;
- Youth MPs a refreshing change in Parliament;
- Fuel company tips a 5c-a-lite price rise;
- Inmate challenges JPs decision;
- Groups to consider fisheries compromise;
- Linz staff face job cuts as database introduced.
Editorial: Gasping for