Turia On Notice – Carterton Surprise – Clark Feels Unsafe – Solders Angry
- TURIA ON NOTICE: Prime Minister Helen Clark has put Associate Maori Affairs Minister Tariana Turia on notice – one more slip and her job will be “reviewed”.
- CARTERTON SURPRISE: A crowd of about 600 people who marched through Carterton yesterday to protest against child abuse following the killing of a Carterton toddler were surprised when a man asked people to stop persecuting him.
- CLARK FEELS UNSAFE: Prime Minister Helen Clark says she fears for her safety after a Sunday newspaper published a map detailing where she lives.
- SOLDERS ANGRY: New Zealand soldiers serving in East Timor are holding meetings to vent their anger at conditions, and many are threatening to resign and join the better paid Australian Army.
Inside Political Headlines:
- If Cullen talked himself out of a job, who would take over?;
- Rules for false convictions compo to alter;
- Australia puts pressure on NZ to delay Timor pullout;
- Rush of child abuse cases anticipated;
- Pilot Homes chastised
Editorial: Lets have open