Singapore Trade Agreement – S11 Protests – Tramper Found – Olympic Glitches – Golfer’s Payday
SINGAPORE TRADE AGREEMENT: A contest of wills between Helen Clark and Jim Anderton is threatening a free trade agreement with Singapore.
S11 PROTESTS: National’s finance spokesman Bill English failed to make it past protesters to attend the World Economic Forum in Melbourne yesterday.
TRAMPER FOUND: A Picton man found missing on Mt Richmond for more than three days was found “alive and well” by rescuers last night.
OLYMPIC GLITCHES: New Zealand Olympic team officials had to tell Sydney Games organisers they would not be bringing a dead horse to Sydney or flying over a former New Zealand hockey representative to be dope-tested.
GOLFER’S PAYDAY: New Zealand golfers Grant Waite, Craig Perks and Frank Nobilo won more than NZ$1.3 million between them at the Canadian Open in Oakville, Ontario, yesterday.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Exodus costs NZ nearly $1 billion says Prebble;
- Ministers encourage better roadside manner;
- Treaty clause no longer in act;
- Sight for Singapore eyes;
- Challenge goes out to richer codes;
- Casino developers left in limbo by extension;
- Restructure ‘another Incis’;
- Greens push for regular exhaust tests.
Editorial: Stepping backwards (the