Dawn Raid – Nobel Prize Winner – Man Hunt – Aussie Mozzies
- DAWN RAID: Immigration Minister Lianne Dalziel lashed out at Immigration Service officials yesterday for not telling her the truth about a bungled dawn raid on a Philippine family that was wrongly deported on Tuesday.
- NOBEL PRIZE WINNER: Alan MacDiarmid, who has won the Nobel prize for chemistry, is a 73-year-old former Hutt Valley boy who still loves doing the haka and is keen on sunbathing in the nude.
- MAN HUNT: Armed Hawkes Bay police were hunting last night for two gangsters who they say kneecapped and bashed a 22-year-old Hastings man, leaving him fighting for his life.
- AUSSIE MOZZIES: Just as Hawkes Bay seems to have all but swatted out its Aussie mozzies, health ministry officials are expected to open a new front in the war against the exotic mosquito in Gisborne today.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Peters: I’ll vote for super plan, but…
- Other policies face risk;
- Maori land court gets first women judges;
- Tranz Rail allays minister’ fear of job losses;
- No fast track for rail station revamp;
- No more kindy for diabetic;
- Shipley drafts bill;
- Jane Clifton About The House: Peters in a political pickle;
- Heavy spending on consultants;
- Changes to special education announced.
Editorial: Time for tax