EVENING POST, OCT 12
The Evening Post, Thursday, October 12, 2000
Article: Mathew Loh
Long hike to fracture clinic - Gutsy Sarah battled crippling surgery - Golf fan asks pro for help - Low dollar keeps Elton away - Burton Shipley off to Auckland - Inside headlines - Sports lead - Editorial
Long hike to fracture clinic: Capital Coast Health is under fire for not putting a lift or stairs into Wellington Hospital's new multi-million-dollar emergency department.
Gutsy Sarah battled crippling surgery: New Zealand cyclist Sarah Ulmer underwent surgery just 11 days before being beaten in the bronze medal race at the Sydney Olympics.
Golf fan asks pro for help: The front page pic shows Carole Rogers and the letter she sent asking help from Tiger Woods.
Low dollar keeps Elton away: Wgtn music fans are unlikely to hear a concert a WestpacTrust Stadium for some time - with the low Kiwi dollar putting off overseas acts.
Burton Shipley off to Auck: Burton Shipley is taking a job in Auckland.
- Fiji treason charge cheers Goff;
- Super plan hits a snag;
- No dawn raids, Govt lays down law to officials;
- Snaky solution for govt critics;
- Frigates, planes play key role - analyst;
- Tranz Metro needs investment to be attractive - expert;
- Couple's lives left shattered by conman;
- Police wasting time on time-sheets - Hawkins;
- Man looked "where he shouldn't";
- Three arrests after weekend robberies;
- Polytech students split over trainer.
Kiwi a knock-out: New Zealand overcame a history of stuttering semi-finals to beat Pakistan and book a place in the final of the ICC knockout tournament in Kenya.
Editorial: Tranz Rail plan makes business sense, but....