Fiji Mutiny – Travel Warning – Cancer Treatment – Unemployment Drop
- FIJI MUTINY: Two soldiers were killed and at least 10 wounded in Fiji in a gun battle and mutiny involving rebel troops who had backed the May coup yesterday.
- TRAVEL WARNING: Foreign Affairs Minister Phil Goff has urged New Zealanders not to travel to Fiji after yesterday’s mutiny.
- CANCER TREATMENT: Cancer patients could be asked to go to Australia for radiotherapy as New Zealand clinics struggle to deal with growing waiting lists.
- UNEMPLOYMENT DROP: The unexpected drop in unemployment to a 12-year low has been welcomed by the Government but has baffled economists.
- Law changes ‘erosion of basic rights’;
- Open arms for migrants with skills;
- ‘Time to hard-sell’ sheepmeat to UK;
- Retiring but not shy;
- Dyson’s teen conviction;
- Union official eyes Labour Party job.
Editorial: Changing the Pacific