IRD Apology – Bill Bungles – Police Budget – Dog Rescue
- IRD APOLOGY: Murray and Jan Willis – whose 14-year battle with Inland Revenue ended with a dramatic apology yesterday – could get $350,000 compensation over a tax bill they should never have had to pay.
- BILL BUNGLES: The Labour-Alliance Coalition embarrassed wannabe National leader Bill English by divulging in Parliament yesterday that he told his colleagues on Tuesday that the economic climate looks set to turn in the Government’s favour.
- POLICE BUDGET: Police had stopped training recruits till any pay rises were settled because they could not afford both this year, Police Commissioner Rob Robinson announced yesterday.
- DOG RESCUE: Council Workers rescued Bo the wire-haired fox terrier was from a stormwater drain yesterday, damaging metres of drain, a rose garden and a driveway, after he chased a rat down the drain.
- McClay opposes child strip searches;
- Wilson over-rides panel’s choices;
- Cullen conservative over cts to ACC levies;
- Student debt ‘putting public at risk’;
- MP admits slip up on $60,00 rug claim;
- MPs comments may be costly – National;
- Wage inflation stays steady.