Christine Rankin – Napier Money – Bad Law – Maureen Hammond
CHRISTINE RANKIN: Dumped Work and Income boss Christine Rankin has decided not to pursue legal action against the Government following the Employment Court’s dismissal of her claim for $1.2 million damages for unfair dismissal.
NAPIER MONEY: A large amount of money is missing from companies owned by Napier City Council, and a man has been arrested in connection with its disappearance.
BAD LAW: The Legal Services Agency has tried to recoup $69,000 of taxpayer-funded legal aid in four months, $631,000 less than in the same period last year, because of badly designed new law.
MAUREEN HAMMOND: In an unusual move, the lawyer for the family of Masterton woman Maureen Hammond tried to have witnesses’ statements prepared by him entered into evidence at the Coroners Court in Wellington yesterday.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Student fee stalemate ends with $35m boost;
- Bradford defends electricity industry reform;
- And now a Kiwi confidence conference;
- Education tipped as big earner;
- Anderton plays down talk of replacing Lee;
- Defence forces join in tuna catch inspection;
- Clark to query ban on reporter.
Editorial: Sort out the power