Power Crisis – Disconnected – Rankin Deal – MMP – Maureen Hammond
POWER CRISIS: A report by Dunedin based consultants Energy Link, which was leaked to the Dominion, said its modelling indicated there was a reasonable amount of water in the South Island without conservation measures.
DISCONNECTED: Two days late paying her electricity bill and the lights went out at Kath McPherson’s home in Wellington as power company FreshStart disconnected her and told her to find another supplier.
RANKIN DEAL: Prime Minister Helen Clark has rejected claims of a secret deal over the Government decision not to seek some of the costs involved in the Christine Rankin case.
MMP: A committee of MPs has ignored the wishes of four out of five voters to reduce the size of Parliament.
MAUREEN HAMMOND: Masterton woman Maureen Hammond was terrified her husband was going to leave her for another woman, her daughter told Wellington Coroners Court yesterday.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Law plan to do away with suspended sentences;
- Extra voters give Maori seventh seat;
- Closing the gaps report dropped;
- Prison head warns of strike’s impact;
- Student designs global message;
- Whale Watch feels threat;
- Adult literacy projects get nearly $500,000.