Big Chill – Jane Clifton About The House – Pet Bowl Drowning – Cloned Seaweed
BIG CHILL: Eight thousand families were isolated and shivering without power last night as the worst storm for years chilled central New Zealand.
JANE CLIFTON ABOUT THE HOUSE: Sanctimony has a marvellous boomerang quality: whatever piety an MP utters in opposition will come back to bite him or her on the bum once in government.
PET BOWL DROWNING: A Reefton man died after falling and drowning in a plastic pet bowl full of water, a Westport inquest found yesterday.
CLONED SEAWEED: A biosecurity alert over an invasive cloned seaweed has been mounted in New Zealand.
Inside Political Headlines:
- Enza offers growers compromise deal;
- New rules promise less punitive taxing;
- Theologian recieves highest honour;
- Defence Force seeks help for staff on redundancy ‘shock’;
- Massage – there’s the rub;
- Call to monitor teacher training.
Editorial: Land of the