National Radio 1pm Bulletin
1. PILOTS - Ansett NZ pilots say they are determined to fight the company to preserve saftery standards. They are to go on strike in August over plans to reduce staff and extend hours of work.
2. POLICE AND POACHERS - The police have launched an inquiry into complaints of misconduct at Greymouth police station. There are allegations of untoward relationships between staff and poachers.
3. SCHOOLS AND DRUGS - A drugs educator says the drugs problem in schools is getting worse, but many schools he says are ignoring the problem.
4. FARMING POLITICS - The PM has warned candidates at the Federated Farmers conference that a centre-left Government would roll back the gains made in agriculture.
5. WINZ - There are renewed calls in Parliament for the Minister of Social Services to intervene in WINZ management and expenditure.
6. SNOW - The Met Service has issued a heavy snow warning for Southland and the Catlins.
7. WOMEN IN SPORT - The Hillary Commission is to host an international forum on women in sport in September.