COUNCIL EMAIL PROBE: The Evening Post leads tonight with a report that Wellington City Council's computer system is being investigated after a councillor's confidential e-mail ended in the wrong hands.
SHEEP TABLE: The front-page photo shows a sheep shearing table invented by Greg Moffatt of Otaki.
Also on the front page:
- ANSETT: a report that Ansett New Zealand pilots say the company is preparing to lock them out by advertising their jobs in Australia and on the internet;
- SCOTT WATSON TRIAL: a report that Scott Watson talked of killing women before he was accused of murdering Olivia Hope and Ben Smart, witnesses say;
- MONGREL MOB: a report that three people were arrested after police confrontations with the Mongrel Mob on the Kapiti Coast and Cannons Creek last night in which two officers were attacked and a patrol car damaged;
- MISSING PERSONS MISSING: a report that New Zealand has no national register of missing people and this is hampering police investigations, a senior detective says;
- OSH IN WAIOURU: a report that hard on the heels of Winz spending $235,000 on a conference at a Wairakei Resort comes the news of OSH taking a retreat at a well known luxury resort - Waiouru Army Camp;
- CRASH LESSON: a report that Roadfreighters driver Adam Reeves doesn't think he's a hero for comforting his dying mate at the scene of a crash - he just wants all drivers to slow down and take more care.
- Where is the leadership in this country -
- Apply law to avoid tax rise - Peters;
- Youg drinkers, sellers targeted;
- Kedgley on list in bid to oust Prebble;
- Prebble slams money for votes deal;
- Angry words over right to strike.
US POLITICS: The
editorial discusses US politics and asks whether excessive
scrutiny of candidates has a deterrent effect on good