1. WELLINGTON CENTRAL - The Alliance's Philida Bunkle has stepped aside in Wellington Central to allow Labour's Marion Hobbs a clear run at Richard Prebble. This follows National standing no candidate in the seat. Alliance leader Jim Anderton says no deal was done and Bunkle says a letter they sent out asking voters what they wanted helped her make her decision. There is no evidence being presented to show that.
2. NZ FIRST - NZ First's party list is out and it has changed considerably from the last election. Jenny Bloxham and Robyn McDonald who stayed with the party when it split have been put so far down the list, it is almost impossible for them to get in. They are upset and angry at how their loyalty has been repaid.
3. ALAMEIN - Alamein Kopu's party Mana Wahine has failed to get a party list in on time, meaning they can only stand for electorate seats.
4. NZ FIRST - TVNZ's Linda Clark says Bloxham and McDonald are do tucker. She notes Gilbert Myles who has been a NZ First MP for "five and a half minutes" is in the top ten.
5. HOME INVASION - Rotorua police say they are shocked at a brutal home invasion. An elderly couple were attacked first in their bottle store and then further beatings were given in their adjoining home. Only luck stopped them from being killed. Two members of the public who chased the two assailants were shot at.
6. BURGLARS STUNG - Police have arrested 18 people in Auckland in a crack down on burglary after a sting operation involving a second hand shop.
7. LORD OF THE RINGS - Lord of the Rings is providing a big boost for businesses around Wellington as filming continues.