Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 2 August 2000
Today's questions for oral answer by Ministers. Answers will be published shortly after 3pm in the Headlines Wire.
Tuesday, 2 August 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Rt Hon. Wyatt Creech to the Minister of Health: What are the total and specific fiscal costs of health sector change?
2. Ian Ewen-Street to the Minister for the Environment: In addition to the $3.8 million already pledged, how much will it cost the taxpayer to clean up the Mapua toxic waste site near Nelson, described as the most toxic site in New Zealand?
3. Owen Jennings to the Minister of Labour: Is it Government policy under the Employment Relations Bill that individuals who want to negotiate a collective agreement must use their union, and is the Dominion editorial correct when it states under the Employment Relations Bill unions will regain their monopoly powers?
4. H V Ross Robertson to the Minister of Revenue: Is the Government planning any improvement to the tax rules governing interest deductions for companies?
5. Hon. Max Bradford to the Prime Minister: Whose "pragmatic voices" among employers and unions did she listen to, to achieve the objective set out in her letter of 9 June to thousands of businesses, to "have legislation which is fair to both employers and employees"?
6. Kevin Campbell to the Minister of Customs: In light of the BBC documentary "The Nazi Nail Bomber", a report on hate crimes screened on Prime TV last evening, what actions is the New Zealand Customs Service taking to contribute to the protection of the community from the actions of individuals or groups engaged in hate crimes?
7. Eric Roy to the Minister of Conservation: What discussions has she had with her officials regarding the environmental award given to Timberlands West Coast Ltd for its sustainable forestry programme, and has she given any directions to officials regarding their participation in the joint West Coast Conservation Board/West Coast Regional Council Conservation Award?
8. Ron Mark to the Minister of Conservation: What steps is she taking to maintain the natural beauty of the West Coast and to ensure it remains a safe and secure environment for flora and fauna?
9. Hon. Roger Sowry to the Associate Minister of Education: Does he believe it is important that school buses are available to transport children to and from school; if not, why not?
10. Steve Chadwick to the Minister of State Services: Why is Government increasing funding to the Public Sector Training Organisation?
11. Hon. John Luxton to the Minister for Industry and Regional Development: What benefits, if any, does he perceive for regional development in international free trade agreements?
12. Damien O'Connor to the Minister of Research, Science and Technology: Do the Government's recent moves to invest in the knowledge economy include investment in the primary sector?
13. Gerry Brownlee to the Prime Minister:
Has she or any member of her staff made any inquiry to
ascertain the identity of the Labour politician who
reportedly leaked news of rape allegations against Dover
Samuels to the political editor of Radio New Zealand?