Questions For Oral Answer - Tuesday, 8 August 2000
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Tuesday, 8 August 2000
1. Hon. Murray McCully to the Minister of Local Government: Was there a dispute between herself and Local Government New Zealand representatives over her management of Rodney District Council matters; if so, what was the nature of the dispute?
2. Rt Hon. Winston Peters to the Prime Minister: Having regard to the length of the police investigation into allegations against Dover Samuels, does she still stand by her reasons for sacking the former Minister of Maori Affairs?
3. Hon. Murray McCully to the Minister of Local Government: Does she stand by her public statements that there was no breakdown in the relationship between herself and the chief executive of Local Government New Zealand, Carol Stigley?
4. Martin Gallagher to the Minister for Racing: What steps has she taken to consult with the racing industry, and why?
5. Hon. Richard Prebble to the Minister for Economic Development: Does he agree with the comments of the Secretary of Commerce, in a letter to him in relation to the Employment Relations Bill, that the Ministry had not had "adequate opportunity to consider the implications of the policy proposals" and "the business community may question the commitment of the Government to work with them"; if not, why not?
6. Sue Kedgley to the Minister of Health: Did she vote to exclude food prepared at the point of sale (that is, take away, delicatessen and restaurant food) from the requirement for mandatory genetic labelling at the recent meeting of the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Council; if so, why?
7. Hon. Doug Kidd to the Minister of Mâori Affairs: When will he announce the appointments to the Treaty of Waitangi Fisheries Commission?
8. Damien O'Connor to the Minister of Agriculture: What reports has he received on the profitability of farming in New Zealand over the past year?
9. Hon. Max Bradford to the Minister of Labour: In the Employment Relations Bill, is it the Government's policy that the 30 day rule will apply to every new employee who wishes to conclude an individual employment agreement?
10. Mita Ririnui to the Minister of Mâori Affairs: What steps has the Government taken to increase the accountability of the State sector for improving outcomes for Maori?
11. Hon. Tony Ryall to the Minister of Health: Will she guarantee continued oncologist clinics at Whakatane Hospital?
12. David Benson-Pope to the Minister of Veterans' Affairs: Has he received any reports on the response of veterans and others to the Government's decision to give a $200,000 grant to the New Zealand Nuclear Test Veterans' Association?