Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 23 August
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 23 August 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon. Ken Shirley to the Minister of Health: If the junior doctors' rolling strikes continue to escalate throughout the public health sector will she intervene; if so, at what point?
2. Chris Carter to the Minister of Defence: What progress has been made toward the objectives laid out in the Defence Policy Framework?
3. Rt Hon. Jenny Shipley to the Minister of Internal Affairs: Can he assure New Zealand households and businesses that fire service levies will not increase if a settlement is reached with paid firefighters on the basis of his 20 March letter to the Chairperson of the Fire Service Commission, as reported in today's Dominion?
4. Rt Hon. Winston Peters to the Minister of Internal Affairs: Has the investigation into allegations of fraud against the chief of the Hamilton Fire Service, Mr Grant Olsen, now been completed; if so, what did the investigation conclude?
5. Rt Hon. Wyatt Creech to the Minister of Health: Will she be seeking to extend the proposed student loan forgiveness scheme, the so-called "golden handcuff", to other groups of health employees for whom there are shortages or will it be limited to junior doctors?
6. Mark Peck to the Minister of Finance: What recent proposals has he received for increased Government spending and what means have been suggested for funding those proposals?
7. Hon. Dr Nick Smith to the Minister of Conservation: Does she agree with the comments of the Prime Minister that "It's hard to see any reason for supporting it.", with respect to exclusive Maori camping grounds in Urewera National Park; if so, what reasons did she have for supporting five such areas earlier this year?
8. Helen Duncan to the Minister of Education: What plans is he making for future provision of schooling in Auckland?
9. Hon. Bill English to the Minister of Finance: Can he confirm that the Household Labour Force Survey shows a decrease of 10,000 jobs since the election; if so, what effect will this have on the economy?
10. Rick Barker to the Minister for Trade Negotiations: What progress has been made towards access for New Zealand apples into Australia?
11. Sue Bradford to the Minister of Social Services and Employment: Does he stand by his 1998 media statement that denying the emergency unemployment benefit to students over the summer is placing at risk their education and is "a meanspirited attack on students"; if so, will he restore the emergency unemployment benefit for students this summer?
12. Hon. Doug Kidd to the Minister of Mâori Affairs: How many of the new Treaty of Waitangi Fisheries Commissioners are leading figures in organisations involved in litigation against the Commission?
Wednesday, 23 August 2000
Questions to Members
1. Anne Tolley to the Chairperson of the Justice and Electoral Committee: What progress has been made on the Matrimonial Property Amendment Bill and Supplementary Order Paper No 25?
2. Rt Hon. Wyatt Creech to the Chairperson of the Health Committee: Under what authority did she determine the wording for the advertisement calling for submissions on the New Zealand Health and Disability Bill and the time for the cut-off of submissions on that bill?