QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 13 December 2000
Questions to Ministers
1. PENNY WEBSTER to the Prime Minister: Was the Government warned that its proposal to restrict future social security entitlements in Australia would impact disproportionately on Maori and Polynesian people, "add to the brain drain, increase the cost of social welfare assistance in New Zealand by millions of dollars a year and 'severely' impact on future migrants who do not meet the criteria for permanent residency in Australia"; if so, what's in this deal for New Zealanders?
2. ANN HARTLEY to the Minister for Accident Insurance: Has he received any further reports in relation to the safety record of the Northland Emergency Services Trust?
3. Hon MURRAY McCULLY to the Minister of State Services: Is it Government policy to withhold bonus payments from Chief Executives of Government departments on the basis of effectiveness audits which measure whether departments are "making any headway in the coalition's stated aims of closing the gaps between Maori and non-Maori"?
4. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Immigration: Does she receive applications for New Zealand residence status from persons with criminal records within New Zealand and in their country of origin; if so, how does she treat them?
5. Hon ROGER SOWRY to the Minister assisting the Prime Minister on Auckland Issues: Has she advised the Prime Minister that the Government should support the Auckland region's proposal to acquire access to the Tranz Rail corridors; if so, how does she propose that that support would manifest itself?
6. JANET MACKEY to the Minister of Justice: What are the changes he is recommending be made to the Victims' Rights Bill and why is he doing so?
7. Dr WAYNE MAPP to the Minister assisting the Prime Minister on Auckland Issues: What advice has she given to the Prime Minister about the progress made at last Friday's meeting between herself, the Minister of Transport and the city mayors on Auckland's transport problems?
8. GRAHAM KELLY to the Minister of Defence: Has any recent decision been made in keeping with the Government's stated commitment to re-equip the New Zealand Defence Force?
9. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Housing: How does the Government intend to deal with the over 100,000 households renting in the private sector who are in receipt of the accommodation supplement and have rent to income ratios between 25% and 50% and may be interested in applying for a State house, as suggested by official papers?
10. TAITO PHILLIP FIELD to the Minister of Housing: What factors led to the Government increasing financial support to the tenants of Community Housing Limited?
11. JEANETTE FITZSIMONS to the Minister of Commerce: What were the terms of the settlement agreed between the Commerce Commission and Abbot Laboratories (NZ) Limited over claims that the label on infant soy formula reading "1st choice of doctors" breached the Fair Trading Act of 1986?
12. ANNE TOLLEY to the Minister of Local Government: Did she meet East Coast member Janet Mackey to discuss Mrs Mackey's plan for "means testing for rates subsidised by local and central Government"; if so, what was her response?