Inquiry Into The Crown Forestry Rental Trust
Maori Affairs Committee
Today the Maori Affairs Committee resolved to initiate an Inquiry into the Crown Forestry Rental Trust and to call for public submissions. The closing date for submissions is 21 September 2001.
The inquiry has the following terms of reference:
To inquire into the operations and performance of the Crown Forestry Rental Trust. Matters that the committee will consider in its inquiry include:
1. Whether the Crown Forestry Rental
Trust is fulfilling the purpose for which it was established
2. An assessment of the performance of the Crown Forestry Rental Trust to date
3. The progress the Crown Forestry Rental Trust has made towards determining the ownership of Crown forestry assets
4. What impediments exist to prevent the final determination of the ownership of the Crown forestry assets
5. The relationship between the Crown Forestry Rental Trust and other parties including claimants, the Waitangi Tribunal, the Office of Treaty Settlements and other institutions in the treaty settlement process and the impact of the Crown Forestry Rental Trust's "New Direction" on these relationships
6. The criteria used by the Crown Forestry Rental Trust to determine the allocation of funding to claimants
7. The appropriateness of the current legislative framework of the Crown Forestry Rental Trust
8. The appropriateness of the current lines of accountability of the Crown Forestry Rental Trust
The committee requires 20 copies of each submission. Those wishing to include any information of a private or personal nature in a submission should first discuss this with the clerk of the committee, as submissions are usually released to the public by the committee.
Those wishing to appear before the committee to speak to their submissions should state this clearly and provide a daytime telephone contact number. The committee notes that it may not be able to hear all those who wish to appear to make submissions.
For further guidance on making a submission, our publication Making a Submission to a Parliamentary Select Committee can be found on our web site at www.clerk.parliament.govt.nz.
Submissions should be addressed as follows:
Marcus Ganley Maori Affairs Committee Secretariat Parliament House WELLINGTON