Questions for Oral Answer - Wednesday, 15 October
Questions for Oral Answer
As At Wednesday, 15 October 2003
Questions to Ministers
1. DEBORAH CODDINGTON to the Minister of Education: How long have schools been given to respond to the Ministry of Education paper on the Consolidation of the Private Schools Conditional Integration Act 1975 into the Education Act?
2. STEVE CHADWICK to the Minister of Justice: What changes is he intending to make to the Films, Videos, and Publications Classification Act 1993 and why?
3. Hon ROGER SOWRY to the Minister of Transport: Does he stand by his statement on the introduction of the Land Transport Management Bill that it "represents the biggest single change to land transport in New Zealand since the current system was introduced in the late 1980s."; if so, why?
4. SUE KEDGLEY to the Minister for the Environment: Does she stand by her statement yesterday that "People have a choice whether they eat GM food or not. Any GM food is labelled."; if so, why?
5. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Minister of Immigration: As Minister of Immigration, does she insist that her New Zealand Immigration Service operate on a policy of no surprises to her?
6. Hon PETER DUNNE to the Prime Minister: What is her reaction to New Zealand being ranked the third least corrupt country out of the 133 included in Transparency International's survey on corruption, and how will she endeavour to ensure that New Zealand maintains a favourable anti-corruption ranking in the future?
7. RICHARD WORTH to the Attorney-General: Will she change the appointment process of judges for the Supreme Court to allow some form of cross-party consultation; if not, why not?
8. Dr ASHRAF CHOUDHARY to the Minister of Broadcasting: What progress is being made on implementing the planned separation of Transmission Holdings Limited (THL) from Television New Zealand Limited in accordance with the Television New Zealand Act 2003?
9. Dr LYNDA SCOTT to the Minister of Health: What is the Government's policy regarding a district health board's ability to practise blanket exclusion of certain surgical procedures?
10. MAHARA OKEROA to the Minister for Sport and Recreation: What is the Government currently doing to ensure at-risk population groups are effectively targeted through physical activity interventions?
11. RON MARK to the Minister of Corrections: Does he stand by his reported comments that he was comfortable with a focused inquiry on the controversial former emergency response unit known as the "goon squad"; if so, will he instigate an independent inquiry by the State Services Commission into the Corrections Department's handling of the "goon squad" affair?
12. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Customs: Does he stand by comments he made yesterday in a speech to Customs personnel in Mangere, Auckland; if so, why?
Questions to Members
1. PAUL ADAMS to the Chairperson of the Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Committee: When does he expect the committee to report back on its inquiry into New Zealand's political, economic, trade and cultural relationship with Latin American countries?
2. BERNIE OGILVY to the Chairperson of the Education and Science Committee: How long has the committee spent on its inquiry into teacher education?
3. LARRY BALDOCK to the Chairperson of the Primary Production Committee: When does the committee intend to report back on its inquiry into the administration and management of New Zealand's scampi fishery?
4. GORDON COPELAND to the Chairperson of the Regulations Review Committee: How many submissions have been received to date on the Subordinate Legislation (Confirmation and Validation) Bill (No 2)?
5. Hon PETER DUNNE to the Dr the Hon Lockwood Smith (Member in charge of local bill): Has he relayed the recommendations of the report of the Transport and Industrial Relations Committee on the Rodney District Council (PENLINK Toll Road) Empowering Bill to the people of Rodney?
6. Hon PETER DUNNE to the Georgina Beyer (Member in charge of local bill): Why has she sought to postpone the second reading of the Masterton District Council (Montfort Trimble Foundation) Bill, under Standing Order 71(1)(b)?
7. Dr MURIEL NEWMAN to the Chairperson of the Social Services Committee: When will the committee report back on the Family Commission Bill?
8. DEBORAH CODDINGTON to the
Chairperson of the Transport and Industrial Relations
Committee: When will the committee report back on the
Holidays (Four Weeks Annual Leave) Amendment Bill?