Questions For Oral Answer - 25 October 2006
Questions For Oral Answer - Wednesday, 25
Questions to Ministers
1. JOHN KEY to the Minister of Finance: Does he agree with the Reserve Bank’s interpretation of the Policy Targets Agreement as “requiring CPI inflation to be comfortably within the 1-3 percent target band over the second half of a three-year forecasting horizon.”; if not, why not?
2. Dr ASHRAF CHOUDHARY to the Minister of Research, Science and Technology: What is the Government doing to support greater uptake of research among New Zealand firms?
3. Hon TONY RYALL to the Minister of Health: Have there been any significant adverse health events associated with the meningococcal B vaccine; if so, how many?
4. JUDY TURNER to the Associate Minister for Social Development and Employment (CYF): Does she agree with Principal Youth Court Judge Andrew Becroft that holding teenagers accused of crimes in police holding cells is unacceptable; if so, what options is the Government planning?
5. SIMON POWER to the Minister of Corrections: Does he have confidence in his department; if so, why?
6. HEATHER ROY to the Minister of Fisheries: How many times did fisheries officers call for police assistance for reasons of personal safety, in each of the last seven years?
7. Hon BILL ENGLISH to the Minister of Education: Does he agree with the statement that “Suddenly the standards-based regime is beginning to look like it’s getting the norm referenced treatment. With an expected 70 per cent pass rate, it looks a bit like School C, which allowed a 60 per cent pass rate.”; if not, why not?
8. SUE BRADFORD to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Is the Minister confident that Work and Income New Zealand is administering income support in a fair and equitable manner across all parts of New Zealand?
9. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Immigration: Was complete information provided in immigration submissions by Taito Phillip Field; if not, in which cases was information incomplete?
10. GEORGINA BEYER to the Minister of Housing: What is the Government doing to ensure State housing is being used effectively?
11. ANNE TOLLEY to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Is he satisfied with the effectiveness of the Family Violence Intervention Programme; if not, why not?
12. DARREN HUGHES to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What steps is the Government taking to assist the horticulture industry with regard to labour force issues?