Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 7 Dec 2006
Questions For Oral Answer - Thursday, 7 December 2006
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon Dr NICK SMITH to the Minister responsible for Climate Change Issues: How will the Government ensure that New Zealand meets its commitments under the Kyoto Protocol, noting the statement by Victoria University economics senior lecturer Dr Geoff Bertram “we’re miles in breach of our Kyoto undertakings”?
2. STEVE CHADWICK to the Minister of Defence: What agreement has been reached with Viet Nam veterans’ organisations to address grievances arising from their service in Viet Nam?
3. KATHERINE RICH to the Minister of Education: Does he stand by his pre-election statement that “86,000 children will definitely get 20 free hours under Labour”?
4. TARIANA TURIA to the Minister of Health: What is the Minister doing following the report of the Health and Disability Commissioner that progress in tackling the safety and quality of health care in New Zealand has been “slow, patchy and uncoordinated”, and how will these concerns be addressed in ways which recognise, respect and protect the rights and responsibilities of consumers?
5. Dr the Hon LOCKWOOD SMITH to the Minister of Immigration: Does he stand by his statement to the House on 20 July this year that “The Minister of Immigration is accountable for decisions being made when ministerial discretion is being exercised.”?
6. SHANE JONES to the Minister of Finance: What is the Government’s policy with respect to ownership of and access to public services?
7. Dr WAYNE MAPP to the Minister with responsibility for Auckland Issues: What reports or papers, if any, has she presented to Cabinet for $320 million in funding on a national amenity to be built in Auckland?
8. R DOUG WOOLERTON to the Minister for Economic Development: What recent announcements have been made regarding an increase of funding to the Market Development Assistance Scheme?
9. Hon TAU HENARE to the Minister of Māori Affairs: Does he have confidence in his ministry; if so, why?
10. Hon MARK GOSCHE to the Minister of Local Government: What were the major topics of discussion at the 12th Central and Local Government Forum this morning?
11. JACQUI DEAN to the Minister for the Environment: Has he received the recent report from the Ministry for the Environment that pinpoints a further deterioration in rivers already polluted by nutrient run-off; if so, what is his response?
12. Hon MARIAN HOBBS to the Minister for the Environment: What is the framework within which decisions are made regarding new housing?