Questions for Oral Answer - 25 Nov 2009
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 25 November 2009
Questions to Ministers
1. Dr PAUL HUTCHISON to the Minister of Health: Does he still stand by his policy to deliver better, sooner, and more convenient health care?
2. Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister of Corrections: Does she have confidence in the Department of Corrections?
3. CHRIS AUCHINVOLE to the Minister of Energy and Resources: How many houses were insulated in October through the Government’s Warm Up New Zealand: Heat Smart home insulation scheme?
4. Hon MARYAN STREET to the Minister for Tertiary Education: Does she stand by all the decisions she has made as the Minister for Tertiary Education; if not, why not?
5. ALLAN PEACHEY to the Minister for Tertiary Education: What progress has been made on the Government’s summer research scholarships?
6. Hon DARREN HUGHES to the Minister of Transport: What weight is being given to the views of the communities affected by the transport proposals through Kapiti?
7. METIRIA TUREI to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Does she agree with the authors of the Children’s Social Health Monitor baseline report, launched today, that New Zealand’s current benefit provisions are unlikely “to protect a large proportion of our children from severe or significant hardship”?
8. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister for ACC: Does he think it is fair that his Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation, and Compensation Bill will determine the threshold for entitlements to hearing aids rather than clinical need?
9. HEKIA PARATA to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What is the Government doing to prevent violence within families and whanau?
10. Hon TREVOR MALLARD to the Minister of Education: Was she correctly reported this morning as indicating flaws in her proposed national standards are being addressed; if so, what is the process she is using to address those flaws?
11. Hon TAU HENARE to the Minister of Immigration: What announcements has the Government made on the introduction of the Silver Fern Visa?
12. Hon LIANNE DALZIEL to the Minister of Education: Why did she not ensure that the Aorangi School Board was given time to inform teachers and parents of the confirmation of her decision to close the school before the announcement was made public?