Questions for Oral Answer - 9 Dec 2009
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 9 December 2009
Questions to Ministers
1. AARON GILMORE to the Minister of Finance: What fiscal challenges does the Government face as the economy comes out of recession?
2. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all his recent statements on unemployment?
3. JEANETTE FITZSIMONS to the Prime Minister: Is he open to increasing New Zealand’s 2020 emissions reduction target when he is in Copenhagen next week, in light of new evidence that even if the most ambitious targets countries have put forward are met, the global average temperature will still rise by 3.5 degrees this century, making large parts of the world uninhabitable?
4. Hon JIM ANDERTON to the Minister of Agriculture: How much funding has been paid out to research and innovation projects in the primary sector through the Primary Growth Partnership since the formation of the National-led Government in November last year?
5. KATRINA SHANKS to the Minister of Energy and Resources: What is the Government doing to improve the performance of the electricity market?
6. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement “advice we disagree with is bad advice; advice we agree with is good advice”?
7. NIKKI KAYE to the Minister for Climate Change Issues: What objectives does New Zealand have at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen, and what is the latest advice on the prospect of these being achieved?
8. Hon PETE HODGSON to the Minister responsible for Ministerial Services: Were the capital and running costs of the self-drive car used by Hon Bill English in the first six months of this Government properly appropriated under the Public Finance Act 1989; if so, will he table official advice, if any, to that effect?
9. NICKY WAGNER to the Minister of Police: Have any recent steps been taken to protect New Zealand communities from the dangerous behaviour of boy racers?
10. Hon MARYAN STREET to the Minister for Tertiary Education: What advice has she received about the numbers of redundancies of Adult and Community Education Coordinators in high schools which are occurring right now?
11. ALLAN PEACHEY to the Minister of Education: When will National Standards be introduced into English-medium schools for years 1-8, and why?
12. PHIL TWYFORD to the Minister of Local Government: What did Cabinet decide in response to his recommendation that the provisions of the Local Government Auckland Amendment Act 2004 protecting the Ports of Auckland shares from disposal be repealed?