Questions for Oral Answer - 20 October 2010
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
Wednesday, 20 October 2010
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon PHIL GOFF to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement to the House yesterday “The reason that families should take some comfort is that, by and large, for the most part, their wages are rising faster than the rate of inflation”; if so, what is the proportion of families that is expected to receive above inflation wage rises between March 2010 and March 2011?
2. AMY ADAMS to the Minister of Finance: What international reports has he received on the economy?
3. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister of Finance: What were the main price rises that led to the 1.1 percent inflation surge in the September 2010 quarter and how has the Government acted to control those price rises?
4. JO GOODHEW to the Minister of Agriculture: What new initiatives is MAF taking to support water augmentation schemes around New Zealand?
5. Hon TREVOR MALLARD to the Minister of Labour: Is it Government policy for the 90-day scheme to be the default provision in all new employment agreements?
6. HILARY CALVERT to the Attorney-General: Will his amendment to the Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Bill to ensure that public access to the foreshore and seabed is free, allow for Mum, Dad and the children to go to the beach for a picnic, a paddle, and to build a sandcastle below the line of mean high water springs so that they won’t be charged for the privilege; if not, why not?
7. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister for Land Information: How many farms or forests worth $1 million or more are currently the subject of Overseas Investment Office consent?
8. METIRIA TUREI to the Minister of Finance: Does he still want to close the wage gap with Australia; and if so, what role does he consider unions will have in closing that gap?
9. Hon STEVE CHADWICK to the Minister of Conservation: Does she support the Director-General of the Department of Conservation and his vision for the future of conservation in New Zealand?
10. SIMON BRIDGES to the Minister of Justice: What changes, if any, is the Government making to the law relating to jurors?
11. Hon CHRIS CARTER to the Minister of Education: Is she satisfied with the progress being made to implement National Standards?
12. JOHN HAYES to the Minister of Civil Defence: What is happening throughout New Zealand to assist the nation to “Get Ready” and “Get Thru”?
Questions to Members
1. GRANT ROBERTSON to the member in charge of the Education (Freedom of Association) Amendment Bill: What is the purpose of the Education (Freedom of Association) Amendment Bill?
2. GRANT ROBERTSON to the member in charge of the Education (Freedom of Association) Amendment Bill: What is the current status of the Education (Freedom of Association) Amendment Bill?
3. GRANT ROBERTSON to the member in charge of the Education (Freedom of Association) Amendment Bill: Does she intend to propose any changes to the Education (Freedom of Association) Amendment Bill as reported back from select committee; if so, what?