Questions For Oral Answer Oct 26 2010
Questions For Oral Answer
Tuesday, 26 October 2010
Questions to Ministers
1. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister of Finance: Does he agree with Reserve Bank Governor Alan Bollard’s assessment that the economic recovery is proving to be “slow and fragile”?
2. CRAIG FOSS to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the economy?
3. Hon TREVOR MALLARD to the Minister for Economic Development: What specific actions has he taken since becoming Minister of Economic Development to secure the New Zealand film industry?
4. KATRINA SHANKS to the Minister of Housing: What reports has he received about the stakeholder engagement carried out by the Housing Shareholders’ Advisory Group?
5. Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery: Will he support my recommendation to set up an advocacy support service to provide earthquake-affected residents with help in dealing with their private insurers to prevent them being shunted between these insurers and the Earthquake Commission?
6. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister of Conservation: What steps, if any, is she taking to protect the unique, rare and threatened Nevis “Gollum galaxiid”, a native fish species found only in the Nevis River in Central Otago?
7. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister for Tertiary Education: How does removing $55 million from industry training help the growth of the productive economy?
8. CHRIS AUCHINVOLE to the Minister for the Environment: What progress is the Government making in improving New Zealand’s freshwater management?
9. SUE MORONEY to the Minister of Education: Does she stand by all her statements about subsidies and fee controls in early childhood education?
10. Hon RODNEY HIDE to the Attorney-General: Is it Government policy to exempt the holders of customary marine title from the application of the Resource Management Act 1991 and provide the holders with the sole right to give, or deny, a Resource Management Act permission right with no right of appeal or objection against the decision, as described in Bell Gully’s Newsletter Update October 2010 on the Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Bill?
11. Hon NANAIA MAHUTA to the Minister responsible for Whānau Ora: Is she satisfied with the process to shortlist Whānau Ora providers?
12. PESETA SAM LOTU-IIGA to the
Minister of Energy and Resources: Why is the
Government funding the Energy Spot advertising