Questions For Oral Answer Nov 11 2010
Questions For Oral Answer
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister of Police: Does she stand by all statements she has made in relation to increasing the number of police; if so, how does she reconcile her statements with police projections that 8 out of 12 police districts will have fewer constabulary employees by the end of 2011 than they had at the end of June 2009?
2. PESETA SAM LOTU-IIGA to the Minister of Finance: What steps is the Government taking to tilt the economy towards exports and savings and away from borrowing and consumption.
3. Hon DARREN HUGHES to the Minister of Transport: When will the New Zealand Transport Agency announce a new date for releasing information about the new State Highway 1 through Kapiti, and how long will the consultation period run for?
4. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister of Finance: Does he agree that a more sustainable economy is preferable to a less sustainable economy; if so, what measures has he taken to specifically promote cleantech and greentech businesses in New Zealand?
5. Hon NANAIA MAHUTA to the Minister of Energy and Resources: Did he give an undertaking to the iwi leadership group that he would revisit government policy on nationalised minerals if Māori considered granting consent to mining on Māori-owned land?
6. KANWALJIT SINGH BAKSHI to the Minister of Police: What reports has she received on the level of public satisfaction with the services provided by the New Zealand Police?
7. Hon CHRIS CARTER to the Minister of Education: Does she stand by her assurance to the House on 9 November 2010 that it was never her intention to dismiss Boards of Trustees of primary and intermediate schools who refuse to implement her National Standards policy?
8. NICKY WAGNER to the Minister for the Environment: How much electronic waste was collected last Saturday with the eDay initiative and what longer-term plan does the Government have for improving recycling of electronic waste?
9. DARIEN FENTON to the Minister of Labour: Does she have confidence in all of the changes to employment relations legislation and policy that she has introduced or proposed since becoming the Minister of Labour?
10. KATRINA SHANKS to the Minister for Communications and Information Technology: What action has the Government taken to help the roll-out of wireless broadband in regional New Zealand?
11. CLARE CURRAN to the Minister for Communications and Information Technology: Is he satisfied that the process for awarding the Ultra-Fast Broadband tender is appropriate; if so, why?
12. JOHN HAYES to the Minister of Fisheries and Aquaculture: What has been the result of recent enforcement activities undertaken by the Ministry of Fisheries?