Questions For Oral Answer Feb 15
Questions For Oral Answer
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister of Finance: Does the investment protocol the Prime Minister will be signing with Australia include any provisions that would stop Australians from buying shares in New Zealand State-owned assets such as Meridian Energy, Mighty River Power, Genesis Energy and Solid Energy, should a future Government privatise them?
2. Hon PHIL GOFF to the Prime Minister: Why does he want to sell shares in State-owned enterprises?
3. CRAIG FOSS to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the recent performance of New Zealand’s export sector?
4. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Is she satisfied that her programmes are working for New Zealanders?
5. Hon JOHN BOSCAWEN to the Attorney-General: Is he planning to amend the Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Bill to provide an explicit guarantee of free public access, and provide that all negotiated agreements be passed by Parliament?
6. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister of Finance: Has the economy improved in line with his prediction on Q+A in February 2010 that the economy would “get better” over the next 12 months?
7. PAUL QUINN to the Minister of Education: What recent developments have there been in implementing the Youth Guarantee for students aged 16 and 17?
8. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Attorney-General: Does he agree with Colin James’ assessment of his handling of the Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Bill that “yet again the Government – pale shades of the dark days of Sir Robert Muldoon – has discarded constitutional niceties, this time for expedition. Not a good look for Mr Finlayson who, as Attorney-General, is the Cabinet’s guardian of constitutional propriety…”?
9. CHRIS AUCHINVOLE to the Minister for Climate Change Issues: Has implementation of the moderated Emissions Trading Scheme last year had any impact on renewable energy and forestry investment?
10. Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Minister of Finance: Does he stand by his statement to the Finance and Expenditure Committee that the State-owned energy companies’ returns have been excessive?
11. NIKKI KAYE to the Minister of Statistics: What information has he received on preparations for this year’s Census?
12. Hon DARREN HUGHES to the Minister of Education: Does she believe NCEA is a world-class qualification system for young New Zealanders; if so, why?