Questions For Oral Answer - March 9
Questions For Oral Answer
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. PESETA SAM LOTU-IIGA to the Minister of Finance: What are some of the issues the Government will consider to meet the expected fiscal cost of the Christchurch earthquake?
2. Hon PHIL GOFF to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that, in Christchurch, “up to 10,000 houses will need to be demolished and over 100,000 more could be damaged?
3. Hon JOHN BOSCAWEN to the Attorney-General: What changes, if any, is he proposing to the Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Bill, and why?
4. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister of Finance: How much of the cumulative $15 billion drop in GDP over the next 4 years, as identified in the Treasury’s February Monthly Economic Indicators report, is a result of the “weaker [economic] outlook we were seeing prior to the February earthquake” in Christchurch?
5. Dr KENNEDY GRAHAM to the Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery: Is he satisfied that there is enough coordination between central government agencies, local council, and non-government organisations in the response to the earthquake?
6. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Attorney-General: Is it his intention to further progress the Marine and Coastal Area (Takutai Moana) Bill this week?
7. NICKY WAGNER to the Minister for the Environment: What changes has the Government made under the Canterbury Earthquake Response and Recovery Act to facilitate recovery and the processing of resource consents to enable Christchurch to rebuild as quickly as possible?
8. Hon JIM ANDERTON to the Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery: Does he stand by his comment in the House yesterday that “there is a period in which insurance companies will not provide cover”, and if so, what will the Government do to assist people who have already signed purchase contracts and are seeking insurance cover?
9. JACQUI DEAN to the Minister of Police: What has been the response of the New Zealand Police and their counterparts in other countries to the Christchurch earthquake?
10. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister of Health: Is he satisfied with the cost of after-hours medical treatment?
11. TIM MACINDOE to the Minister of Housing: What assistance is available for people who require emergency housing following the earthquake on 22 February?
12. Hon TREVOR MALLARD to the Minister for Communications and Information Technology: Who made the decision to defer MediaWorks’ payment of $43 million to the Crown?
QUESTIONS TO MEMBERS
1. STUART NASH to the Chairperson of the Finance and Expenditure Committee: What is the expected report back date for the Student Loan Scheme Bill?