Questions For Oral Answer - May 10
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Hon PHIL GOFF to the Prime Minister: In light of his comment that “borrowing $300 million a week is unaffordable and is holding the economy back,” how much on average has his Government borrowed each week during the current financial year?
2. CRAIG FOSS to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the Government’s financial position?
3. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that “low-income New Zealanders are being looked after by a National Government”?
4. LOUISE UPSTON to the Minister for the Environment: What steps has the Government taken to improve the management of fresh water and how does this compare with actions taken historically?
5. CHRIS HIPKINS to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his reported statement from February 2009 that ministers had been “aggressively” working on line-by-line expenditure reviews?
6. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his comments on BBC HARDtalk yesterday that “intensifying our dairy operations…had some impact on our river quality”; if so, what is that impact?
7. NICKY WAGNER to the Minister of Education: What were the results of the 2010 Top Scholar Awards?
8. KELVIN DAVIS to the Minister of Tourism: Does he stand by his statement that “New Zealand has some big competitive advantages” in tourism including “our unique Māori culture and its stories”?
9. Hon HEATHER ROY to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Why did she oppose a bill which sought to reintroduce youth rates, and will she support a bill to introduce youth rates now that youth unemployment has hit an all-time high of 27.5 percent and 36.6 percent for Māori?
10. Hon PETE HODGSON to the Prime Minister: Why is it not in the public interest to tell New Zealanders whether, if he had travelled by car from Hamilton to Auckland as previously arranged, he would have arrived in time for his “security related meetings” on 11 December 2009?
11. TE URUROA FLAVELL to the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade: In what ways has the Government demonstrated its support for the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples?
12. COLIN KING to the Minister of Transport: Why is the Government considering the proposed ferry terminal at Clifford Bay?