Questions For Oral Answer - May 12
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Minister of Finance: In light of the Prime Minister’s announcement yesterday that money taken from some families getting Working for Families would be used to help low-income New Zealanders, will the changes to be made in his Budget next week make the Alexander family, who appeared on Campbell Live on Monday night, be better or worse off?
2. PESETA SAM LOTU-IIGA to the Minister of Finance: What changes is the Government making to improve KiwiSaver and make it more sustainable?
3. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister of Finance: Has he received advice on whether a reduction in the KiwiSaver member tax credit would raise or lower private savings; if so, what was that advice?
4. SUE KEDGLEY to the Minister of Broadcasting: When will Radio New Zealand’s funding freeze end?
5. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister of Health: Does he stand by all his statements on after-hours medical treatment?
6. AARON GILMORE to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What assistance is the Government providing Christchurch to ensure the right skilled labour is available to help the city rebuild?
7. SUE MORONEY to the Minister of Education: What plans does she have for Early Childhood Education?
8. Dr JACKIE BLUE to the Minister for ACC: What progress has the Government made in improving ACC’s financial performance after the 57 percent increase in claims costs and the 109 percent increase in liabilities between 2004/05 and 2008/09?
9. DARIEN FENTON to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Does the Work and Income NZ “Find a job” website require all vacancies advertised to meet legal minimum employment standards; if not, why not?
10. LOUISE UPSTON to the Minister of Commerce: Why has the Government decided to transfer responsibility for the Retirement Commissioner from the Social Development and Employment portfolio to the Commerce portfolio?
11. DAVID SHEARER to the Minister of Defence: What is the total cost of the two Defence Force flights that took Foreign Affairs Minister Hon Murray McCully to Vanuatu on 13 February and returning on 14 February, including fuel, salaries of staff, allowances, accommodation, maintenance, landing fees and all other costs associated with the flights?
12. CHRIS AUCHINVOLE to the Minister for Building and Construction: What recent developments have been made to help trades people become Licensed Building Practitioners?