Questions For Oral Answer - June 23
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Prime Minister: Has he met with management of KiwiRail or representatives of railway workshop workers to discuss the building of railway wagons at Hillside workshop in Dunedin and Hutt workshops in Lower Hutt; if not, why not?
2. PAUL QUINN to the Minister of Police: What steps are being taken in the Wellington police district to improve the investigation of child abuse and the care and support provided to victims?
3. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister of Finance: Is it the Government’s position that a referendum on asset sales is unnecessary and the election later this year will be the public’s chance to make their views on asset sales felt?
4. SHANE ARDERN to the Minister for Communications and Information Technology: What has been the reaction of regional stakeholders to the rural broadband scheme?
5. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that “we are trying to change the economic picture to encourage more New Zealanders to stay” in light of the total of 3300 New Zealanders who left New Zealand for Australia last month which topped the previous record of 2900 set in May 1979?
6. JOHN BOSCAWEN to the Minister of Finance: Has the gap between GDP per capita in Australia and GDP per capita in New Zealand narrowed or widened since his Government came to office?
7. JACINDA ARDERN to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Did she state in relation to Hon Sir Roger Douglas’ proposed bill which would reintroduce the youth minimum wage, that “we will not be supporting the bill, as we are not convinced it would reduce youth unemployment”?
8. CATHERINE DELAHUNTY to the Minister of Labour: Does she agree that women workers are entitled to equal pay?
9. DARIEN FENTON to the Minister of Labour: Does she have confidence the Government is doing everything possible to ensure health and safety in the workplace?
10. KATRINA SHANKS to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What agreements has the Government recently made to support foster carers?
11. CAROL BEAUMONT to the Minister of Consumer Affairs: What actions has the Government taken to date to control excessive interest rates or irresponsible lending?
12. NIKKI KAYE to the Minister of Customs: What recent reports has he received on the interceptions of drug-internal couriers at the border?