Questions For Oral Answer - July 14
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. SIMON BRIDGES to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the economy?
2. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Minister of Finance: What recent reports has he received on the cost of living?
3. Hon JOHN BOSCAWEN to the Minister of Finance: How much money would a capital gains tax raise in each year for the next five years?
4. Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Prime Minister: Further to his answer to Oral Question No 10 yesterday, what evidence does he have for disagreeing with Treasury’s finding that “significant participation by foreign investors will be essential to achieve the Government’s overall objectives” if the Government’s privatisation plan goes ahead?
5. Dr KENNEDY GRAHAM to the Acting Minister of Energy and Resources: Does she agree with the Prime Minister, who said “companies like Solid Energy are growth companies and we want them to expand in areas like lignite conversion”?
6. Hon MARYAN STREET to the Minister of Trade: What parts or functions of Pharmac does he consider to be tradable in the Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations?
7. PAUL QUINN to the Minister of Police: What reports has she received of efforts by the Police to combat organised crime and drug dealing?
8. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister of Health: What progress has been made in achieving first specialist assessment for patients referred from general practitioners in the last two years?
9. Dr PAUL HUTCHISON to the Acting Minister for Economic Development: What recent developments have there been that will boost New Zealand companies’ access to growth-enhancing capital?
10. Hon STEVE CHADWICK to the Minister for Senior Citizens: What progress has been made on the Positive Ageing Strategy to ensure service delivery for elder abuse prevention to ensure safety for up to 50,000 vulnerable older New Zealanders living in their own homes?
11. TIM MACINDOE to the Minister for Communications and Information Technology: How will the commencement of ultra-fast broadband deployment in Hamilton help economic growth?
12. Hon RICK BARKER to the
Minister of Defence: Does he stand by his statement in
relation to the treatment and care of New Zealand veterans
who attended commemorations in Crete that “We need to do
better for the future … I am concerned about this and I
guess as a nation we do owe them an apology”?