Questions For Oral Answer - August 3
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. PESETA SAM LOTU-IIGA to the Minister of Finance: What progress has the Government made in getting its finances in order, reducing debt and returning to budget surplus sooner?
2. Hon PHIL GOFF to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by the accuracy of his answers to Oral Question No 1 in the House yesterday; if not, in what respect were his answers inaccurate?
3. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister responsible for Ministerial Services: Have any of his staff corresponded with the Leader of the Opposition or his staff regarding a 3 News election debate involving all the minor party leaders?
4. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement regarding a bipartisan approach to children’s welfare in New Zealand that “It’s tricky because ultimately it’s about spending decisions across a whole lot of different areas you need to consider”?
5. NICKY WAGNER to the Minister of Health: What action is the Government taking to improve maternity services?
6. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister of Finance: Which of the following statements by the Prime Minister accurately reflects the Government’s position: that a capital gains tax would send New Zealand “screaming backwards” or that “we actually have a capital gains tax in New Zealand”?
7. CHRIS AUCHINVOLE to the Minister for the Environment: What steps has the Government taken to improve air quality and what reports has he received on what progress is being achieved?
8. Hon CLAYTON COSGROVE to the Attorney-General: Why has he refused to provide funding to the earthquake victims’ families who want legal representation at the Royal Commission of Inquiry?
9. Dr CAM CALDER to the Minister of Corrections: What is the Department of Corrections doing to improve the rehabilitation of prisoners and to reduce the rate of reoffending?
10. SUE MORONEY to the Minister of Education: What is her proposed timeframe for delivering the Government response to the ECE Taskforce recommendations?
11. TODD McCLAY to the Minister of Housing: What is Housing New Zealand doing to identify and address fraudulent behaviour by some tenants?
12. Hon SHANE JONES to the Minister of Transport: By how many percentage points has public transport patronage in Auckland increased over the past three years, and how does this compare to the percentage increase in state highway volumes over the same period?