Questions For Oral Answer - August 16
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his reported statement that the needs of children should be balanced with the needs of other New Zealanders?
2. Hon PHIL GOFF to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Since the Prime Minister said in October 2009 that “we are particularly concerned about high rates of youth unemployment”, what has been the trend in youth unemployment?
3. PESETA SAM LOTU-IIGA to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on what financial markets are signalling about New Zealand’s economic position?
4. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his reported statement that he agrees that the future of some children is at risk but it is a balancing act?
5. NIKKI KAYE to the Minister of Health: What progress have district health boards made towards shorter stays in emergency departments for patients?
6. Hon DAVID CUNLIFFE to the Minister of Finance: Has he asked Treasury to re-estimate the projected sales revenue from his proposed privatisation policy in light of Contact Energy’s share price falling 20 percent so far this year?
7. Hon TAU HENARE to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: What announcements has she made that will invest in young people who are not in education, training, or work?
8. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Minister of Health: Does he stand by all the statements he has made in relation to after-hours medical services?
9. HONE HARAWIRA to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Does the Government’s policy announcement on Sunday regarding youth unemployment include plans to create largescale, quality employment for youth in Aotearoa; if not, why not?
10. SUE MORONEY to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by all of his answers to Oral Question No 12 on 9 August 2011?
11. JONATHAN YOUNG to the Minister for the Environment: How have the Government’s amendments to the Resource Management Act assisted in upgrading New Zealand’s infrastructure and how have they supported economic growth?
12. JACINDA ARDERN to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement in relation to job creation and young unemployed people that “the most important thing is to not necessarily link the two because they’re quite different things”?