Questions For Oral Answer - Sept 8
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. Hon ANNETTE KING to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: Does she stand by all her answers to Oral Question No 2 on 7 September 2011?
2. TIM MACINDOE to the Minister of Finance: What reports has he received on the Government’s progress in cutting red tape and reducing compliance costs for businesses and consumers?
3. Hon RUTH DYSON to the Minister of Conservation: Does she support the vision statement of the Department of Conservation which states “Conservation work is an investment in New Zealand’s prosperity because our environment plays a central role in our health and well-being, and wealth”?
4. CATHERINE DELAHUNTY to the Minister of Foreign Affairs: Does he support United Nation’s Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon’s statement regarding human rights in West Papua that “we will do all to ensure that people in West Papua, their human rights will be respected”?
5. PHIL TWYFORD to the Minister of Transport: Aside from completing Project DART and the Auckland Rail Electrification Project, what rail capital projects in Auckland does the Government’s transport strategies contemplate funding over the next 10 years?
6. JO GOODHEW to the Minister of Health: What action is the Government taking to encourage young medical professionals to work in rural areas?
7. DARIEN FENTON to the Minister of Transport: What action, if any, has the Government taken to improve road safety?
8. KATRINA SHANKS to the Minister for Social Development and Employment: How is Child Youth and Family supporting social services to recognise and respond to signs of child abuse and neglect?
9. DAVID SHEARER to the Minister of Science and Innovation: Does he stand by his statement “Attracting, empowering, and retaining talent must be the foundation on which our innovation future is built. This means investing more into our young scientists”?
10. JONATHAN YOUNG to the Minister of Customs: What reports has he received on developments to the Closer Economic Relations Trade Agreement between New Zealand and Australia?
11. STUART NASH to the Minister of Finance: Further to his answer to Oral Question No 10 yesterday on the Government’s asset sales policy, in which he agreed that “New Zealanders already “own” these shares”, why should Kiwi families have to pay again to buy what they already own?
12. Hon JOHN BOSCAWEN to the Minister of Education: How many complaints about teacher incompetence, if any, have been received by the Teachers Council since she took office?