Questions for Oral Answer - Feb 14
QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER
QUESTIONS TO MINISTERS
1. JOHN HAYES to the Minister of Finance: What progress is being made in rebalancing New Zealand’s economy towards paying our way in the world?
2. DAVID SHEARER to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement made with regard to the revenue from asset sales “I don’t know the exact number that they have in their books today”?
3. Dr RUSSEL NORMAN to the Minister for Land Information: Did New Zealand’s Free Trade Agreement with China influence his decision to approve the sale of the Crafar farms to the Shanghai Pengxin Group?
4. Rt Hon WINSTON PETERS to the Prime Minister: Does he have confidence in his Minister responsible for Whānau Ora in fulfilling the objectives set out in the Relationship Accord and Confidence and Supply Agreement between his party and the Māori Party dated 11 December 2011?
5. ALFRED NGARO to the Minister for Social Development: What reports has she received about proposed welfare reform in other jurisdictions?
6. GRANT ROBERTSON to the Prime Minister: Does he stand by his statement that “the PM’s Hour” on Radio Live on 30 September 2011 was an “election free zone”; if so, why?
7. Dr CAM CALDER to the Minister of Justice: What are her priorities in regard to bail laws over the coming three years?
8. Hon DAVID PARKER to the Minister of Finance: Does he have confidence in The Treasury?
9. CATHERINE DELAHUNTY to the Minister of Health: What is the total cost of legal action spent to date by his Ministry to oppose the claim that family members have the right to be paid to care for adult disabled children?
10. CHARLES CHAUVEL to the Minister of Justice: Do fire-fighters, ambulance officers, and the small number of other types of first responders legally required to attend and assist in accident and emergency situations deserve the same level of legal protection from assault as police and prison officers when they are carrying out their duties; if not, why not?
11. CHRIS AUCHINVOLE to the Minister for Racing: What announcements has he made relating to safety on racecourses?
12. CLARE CURRAN to the Minister of Broadcasting: Does he believe that appointing the Rt Hon John Key’s electorate chair Stephen McElrea to the board of NZ On Air was appropriate?